This is version 1.1 of the mod. Hello, I made this mod for myself, but wished to share with others that may like the changes. I ADDED 2 new expedition members to the game and also changed all enemies in battles to be male, only leaving females in villages etc. I also Removed timers from a few of the missions.
First off I want to say I made this mod for myself, but wished to share it as others complained about the same things and may enjoy this mod as much as I do. Also its not possible to change starting members, but what I did is Add 2 good members to Hispanola. :-)
Installation instructions: Install MOD folder in your My Documents\My Games\Expeditions Conquistador\Override folder, then choose language in game to be MOD. Make sure to play with a NEW GAME as sometimes this game is buggy with save games and changes.
****Mod LANGUAGES used in this game ISSUES: When you load a saved game from desktop you will see white letters before the map loads, this is a bug with using custom languages with this game. It will cause the map to be blank, to fix this while still in game, load the menu and reload the same saved game. You will have to do this every time you start the game again from desktop. Its a bug with the game and not the mod.****
In the Very beginning of Both Hispanola and Mexico missions you will see TEXT "MOD IS WORKING" this is done as the game is buggy sometimes, and this allows the player to know the mod is working in the game at the start. Many times this game used the default language and not the overide, but this was usually caused for something wrong in the changes or saved games with different changes made later.
Change Log 11-25-2020
1. Changed 3 Main supernatural missions to give a new flare to the game and realism. El Dorado has new results and rewards and the Chrystal Skull of Mictlan is more useful for that mission. Keep that in mind.
2. Added some changes to some missed battles to convert to men only.
3. Fix a couple text mistakes in a couple of the missions and play tested to make sure they work.
Change Log: 11-15-2020
1. Changed almost all enemies for battles to be MALE, as its not accurate to have females in this quantity. I did leave both in Village Battles as you are attacking the villages so it made some sense. I may have missed some but I don't think so, but there are a lot of battles to edit in this game.
2. Juan Noriega is added as a recruitable soldier, you can get him from the Concerned woman in the beginning of the game, the
first dialog is about her brother. He will be available in Mexico and can be saved to last before leaving Hispanola. Some may consider a cheat, I JUST consider it another male soldier to use for your expedition.
3. I also added Umberto DeRossi through the wealthy merchant. You will see him ask about his brother.
4. Rewards have been increased. Eldorado, Ancient Temple, Conquering the Aztecs, Tournaments, and Burried Treasure have all been increased in reward value to match the danger of the mission.
5. I removed the 3 supernatural gods from the game for realism, but that doesn't mean there will not be NEW dangers with those quests. If you don't like it, you can always not play the mod.
6. Trade Post in the Fortress in Mexico has better trade than before and is now 1.2 instead of 1.3
7. Fixed Ruiz Random mission to remove the Killing of the Native, I FEEL that this was over the top and made it were he was not worth bringing. And since I wanted this mod to be male driven he needed some fixing.
Special thanks for the game designers for the game and the modding tools, though I wished they left the woke 50% female stuff out as this game doesn't need modern issues brought into the past.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Let me know what you think. I uploaded a 1.1 version which I found a few small battles I missed. There are tons of battles and some small minor options that lead to new battles so its pretty hard to find them all because of the way the game is outlined.
I hope people enjoy the changes as much as I do.