This is the installer for Evochron Mercenary Build 1.228. The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. Required for multiplayer compatibility.
Version 1.228 is available for download and includes the following improvements:
- Custom options added for nav map console icons.
- Nav map clan territory control icons can now be highlighted when close to mouse pointer.
- Armor levels for military ships increased by about 25% for improved performance against particle cannons.
- External save data system expanded to include new details including ship specifications and player ranking.
- External save data system now updates for primary target selected in range list MFD mode.
- Mouse input system updated to support the full range of resolution dependent movement.
- Text alert added for attempting to build stations within 2 sectors of each other.
- Support for remapping mouse buttons added, supports up to 8 buttons.
- Cycle rates for beam cannons aligned with particle cannons.
- Pay for fleet ships mining from asteroids increased by 10X.
- Updated for compatibility with Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
- Player admin functions added to server program.
- Player built station limit increased (server).
- Several minor bug fixes.
If you've been running the game in a higher resolution, you will likely notice the mouse pointer will now respond with the full range of input control available by the resolution you select. Previously, the mouse input system used a 'scaled down' input matrix that often resulted in rapid pointer movement while also limiting the range of movement for certain input devices. The new mouse input system now adapts to whatever screen resolution you are running the game in. So if you play the game at the optimized resolution used by your desktop, the mouse will respond with the same rate of control that you're already familiar with navigating your Windows desktop. Likewise, if you are using a pen input device, you can now use the entire screen as needed for proper flight control and option selection. You can also further customize the horizontal mouse pointer offset if the pointing device you are using needs a different scale. To change the offset value, open the sw.cfg file from the game's save data folder and edit the line that reads 'MouseOffset=0'. Increasing the value from 0 to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc will increase the scale offset. Values below 0 will decrease the scale offset.