Demo installer for Evochron Legacy version 1.0818...
Version 1.0818 includes the following improvements:
- By request, mouse wheel now controls SY sector level in Navigation console Slide Mode.
- 'Center' button in Navigation console can now center to selected nav point if it is outside the current sector.
- Specialized mining beams now report/behave the same when installed on a terrain walker as when installed on a spacecraft.
- Optional single key and button control support for maximum energy bias selection added.
- 'Control Type' in Options menu renamed to 'Flight Control Type' for clarity.
- Option to select a custom level of plants in single player added.
- Improvements to reflection rendering system.
- Minor fixes for navigation console systems.
By request, an option to select a level of plants on planets that have them in single player is available via a custom file option (plantsettings.txt). The file needs to be created and placed in the game's install folder and the first line tells the game how many plant entity indexes to include for each primary placement zone. The value specified in this file will override any settings selected in the Options menu (default values range from 8 to 24 for Low, Medium, and High/Very High terrain detail settings), so you can control plant count independently with this option. Available range is 4-200. There can be a significant performance impact for higher values.
The 'Center' button in the navigation console can now center the map to the selected nav point when clicked. This option will let you reset the map to the nav point even if it is far away without having to manually reselect sector coordinate locations on the quadrant map to find it again. If the map is already centered on the nav point, then clicking the button again will center the map back to your ship's current sector location. This way, you can also toggle between the two locations.