Demo installer for Evochron Legacy SE version 2.0248...
Version 2.0248 includes the following improvements:
- Items for Sale scroll bar moved to the right side of list and list index numbers added.
- Other inventory console scroll bars updated for improved response and click ranges adjusted.
- Gun turret mode pitch control aligned with flight control axis input settings for consistency.
- Enabled ability to trade cargo from AI/NPC ships in multiplayer to align with single player options.
- Added '-lang' filename options to 'bitmapfont32b.png', 'bitmapfont32c.png', and 'bitmapfonts.evo' character image sets in the '\media' folder for custom/translated files.
- The 'Asteroids' button in the nav console's local points of interest menu can now be used to plot a safe jump point near an asteroid field.
- Improved lens flare bypass detection in external views for capital ships, asteroids, comets, and station/city modules.
- New loading circle for startup and when connecting in multiplayer (including active mouse response for the latter).
- Certain activity/response AI/NPC radio chatter enabled for multiplayer mode to match single player.
- AI/NPC ship cargo loadouts in multiplayer better aligned with single player types and quantities.
- Minor flickering that could occur when certain station modules were connected together fixed.
- Collision and weapon impact shake effects left/right movement improved to be more balanced.
- Server programs updated to better handle very rare potential out of range array error.
- Fuel and countermeasure bar graph options in custom cockpit display system corrected.
- Improvements to AI navigation around station modules in open space.
- Option added to play a custom sound when mining probe finishes.
- Fix for button input bypass when mapping controls.
- Afterburner shake effect reduced.
- Minor improvements.
Cargo carrying capacity for AI/NPC ships has been expanded in both single player and multiplayer. Previously, there was more of a total bay restriction in place for single player and a one bay cap in multiplayer for various gameplay reasons in the past. These limits have now been removed and the system expanded to support certain ship types being able to carry up to 10 bays of commodity cargo in either mode. Ships with restricted cargo capacity due to design limitations will carry less, but it's now possible for them to also carry contents up to the bay limit of their ship's design. These changes have been applied to accommodate player requests for expanding ambush and overall combat reward opportunities.
Players can now trade directly to and from AI/NPC ships in multiplayer using the trade console in the same way they can in single player. The only difference being that a player will need to keep pace with a ship they are trading with in multiplayer as it will continue to move rather than stop as in single player for various gamestate requirements. So it's recommended to join formation and course align with a ship before sending a trade request.
When adding custom cockpit displays, applying the fuel or countermeasure value in bar graph form could result in the indicator exceeding the frame of the display. This has been corrected so both values now properly align with their frame design limit and relative quantity value.
The 'bitmapfont32b/c.png' and 'bitmapfonts.evo' file options for custom in-game text characters have been updated to align with the other text file options to optionally include '-lang' in their filenames to preserve the default files and retain any custom files after updates. Details available in the updated customizing kit: Starwraith.com