Demo installer for Evochron Legacy SE version 2.0208...
Version 2.0208 includes the following improvements:
- Dots on navigation map for sensor station ship contacts brightened.
- Improvements to beam cannon impacts on objects (better collision and spark effects).
- '*' character added to savedata string value for cargo required for delivery in contract.
- Current regional technology/economy and territory control levels added to savedata value set.
- Docked status value in savedata value set will change to '2' when player is in station hangar mode.
- Indicators in inventory console for cargo to deliver to a waiting ship objective changed to square brackets.
- Plant tractor beam range increased and biological material compatibility expanded for easier contract completion.
- Minimum velocity for collision damage with asteroids, moons, planet terrain, caves, plants, solar arrays, and comets increased from 1000 to 2500.
- Experimental VR system updated to account for certain languages that can internally change the name of a SteamVR sub-process, causing the VR system to not be able to activate.
- Work around coded for potential error message on systems with conditions causing the documents folder to not be available.
- Added VR controller button mapping options for IDS scale level and launching countermeasures for experimental VR mode.
- Added ability to advance training stage with VR controllers (in point mode, select anywhere on screen).
- Axis channel control mapping menu improved to better distinguish flight controls from view controls.
- New tractor beam effect added when capturing cargo containers and plant biological material.
- Fix for potential image error occurring when travelling to a certain uncharted system.
- Fix for item database objects following VR HMD movement and rotation.
- Terrain engine updated to allow for steeper mountains and canyons.
- New control menu added for VR controllers when in point mode.
- Added ability to skip intro with VR controller triggers.
- Corrected issue limiting probe functionality.
- Minor fixes.
A new control menu has been added for the experimental VR mode that allows selecting options that aren't already readily available in a menu or with a button. Whenever a VR controller is switched to the point mode in-game, the menu will appear. The default locations are the middle left and right of the screen (adjustable in the updated 'vrsetup.txt' file). The player can then select shields augment controls, HUD mode, target display mode, MDTS mode, activate the tractor beam, and a number of other options. The game can now effectively be played entirely with VR controllers, albeit with the limitations they inherently carry in terms of available buttons and pointing requirements. But ship systems and selection options that were previously inaccessible without keyboard, mouse, or button input are now accessible with either a VR controller button option or a point option. And if a player wants to control virtually everything with the mouse in a standard display mode, they can also enable the point menu via a text file (details available in the updated customizing kit). For those working on translations, new lines in the 'text.dat' file are 1366, 2425-2429, 2436-2438, 2809, and 2838-2839.
For the new VR button control options, new lines have been added to the 'vrsetup.txt' file available here: Starwraith.com (needs to be placed in the '\media' folder in the game's install folder) and also now bundled with the game (in the '\media' folder under the filename 'vrsetup-bak.txt' as a backup copy, remove the '-bak' to install or copy the new lines from the backup file over to the file you are using in the same folder to add or modify options). So if your VR controllers support enough buttons, or you want to disable some in favor of others, the new options can now be mapped to provide IDS scale level control and launching countermeasures. Training stages can now also be skipped by selecting any point on the screen while in point mode and the intro can also now be skipped with the default trigger button on a controller.