This version brings a lot of improvements, fixes and features, some of which are not properly listed in the included changelog. Install as any EUIV mod.
Brave New World EUIV mod changelog
- Korea is now a Sinic Monarchy
- Shun is now a Sinic Monarchy
- Xi is now a Populist Kingdom
- Shun is now of Confucian religion since nearly all provinces are Confucian under their control, but has harmonized Taoism
- Xi is now a Shun Vassal
- Chu is now a Sinic Monarchy
- Shu now has Mandala
- New Populist Kindgdom reform. Similar to a low-budget revolutionary empire. Has same advntages on land battle, but lowers states and autonomy instead of increasing them.
- Added special names for Sinic Empire modes and rulers
- Added special names for Populist Kingdom modes and rulers
- Sinic Empire now uses Meritocracy instead of Legitimacy
- Negative Mandate no longer reduces trade good size, but Tax collection and increases monthly autonomy of all provinces
- Idea groups allowed from Tech 4 (instead of 5)
- New idea group "Court Ideas" (ADM)
- New Insurrectionary idea group (MIL)
- New Rebel idea group (DIP)
- New Indigenist idea group (DIP), only for primitives and tribal governments
- Added Meritocracy bonuses to Chinese Ideas
- Added several Meritocracy bonuses to Korean ideas
- Made custom designer costs more logical
- Reduced random chance weight of negative ideas
- Several fixes in idea nation designer
- Added Peasant Revolutionary Rebels that will transform the country into a Revolutionary Peasant's Republic if left unchecked
- Added missing religion rebels and some of their flags
- Ming now has an Isolationist policy
- Ming starts as a "primitive" nation but with feudalism. It needs technology reform in order to use a navy.
- As AI won't do technology reform even when all 5 reforms are passed, there is also a special decision to allow this by converting to Confucianism instead
- New decisions to stop being primitive for Andean, Mesoamerican and High American tech groups.
- New Meritocracy mechanics
- Meritocracy bonuses changed, now also affects additional things
- Corruption now negatively affects yearly Meritocracy, Inflation, and Inflation Reduction action costs; but is not as bad on all power costs
- LUCK has been redesigned, it no longer gives direct combat bonuses. Other type of helpful bonuses for same situations added.
- Being a primitive nation no longer causes more expensive development ; but this has been changed with more expensive ideas and stability
- Serpentism, Viracocha and Spiritualism as "reformed" Americas religions
- Totemism now has six animal totems as "personal deities", each with unique bonuses. AI will also use these deities as any.
- Derlethian religion added to Lovecraftian group.
- High Armony (in Confucianism and similar religions) now increases Religious Unity to up to 10%
- Judaism group can have a Defender of the Faith (After all prophets were this)
- New Zhengguo chinese religion, isolationism, sinocentrism and reform mechanics
- More provinces in China are now wither Shenist, Confucian or Omnyodo. Non-farmland provinces close to Shenism, Omnyodo and Taoism core are converted to these (hills, highlands, mountains). Shenism doesn't decrease Ming religious unity due to being harmonized.
- Fixed Salamanca and Cthulhu events
- FIXED PROBLEM iN "rebel_types" folder location that made some changes not take effect
- Fixed Advisor Religion graphical glitch
- Again there is a seemingly random crash without anticipation. The cause is unknown. THis happened in a game with random nations
- In American Tech Reform, give options for new religion:
"Let us follow the Way of the Serpent" (Serpentism - Mesoamerican syncretic)
"Lets live according to the Will of the Creator" (Viracocha - Andean missionarism)
- Add "Secret Society" as a base religious government form (locked)
- Make a Judaic Theocracy government with special actions
- Add Sinic_Centrism reform mechanics
- Chinese Minors have different governments such as Sinic Monarchy
- Enable "celestial empire actions" like ones in Cossack Host (deal with immediate mandate)
- Restore Mapuche until the end
- indigenist_ideas (DIP), Peasant_ideas (ADM), Rebel_ideas (DIP), Insurrection_ideas (MIL), guerrilla_ideas (MIL)
Nenets and Yamal in Russia are no longer wastelands.
- Ming starts with the new religion, Shenism (Chinese folk religion), harmonized within Confucian
- Random nations in China and Japan can have Onmyodo and Shenism religion
- Added idea that increases institution spread
- Added ideas that reduce the cost of advisors for every category (Adm, Dip, Mil)
- Added several other custom administrative and diplomatic ideas
- Archer-type units now have Fire pips (changed from shock)
- ADDED MISSING RELIGION REBEL TYPES (not all yet)
* New religions
- Added Shenism ("Chinese Folk Religion")
-- Provinces on the Chinese culture group that were Animist are now Shenist
-- Breakaway Chinese states that were Animist are now Shenist
- Added Onmyodo religion (eastern alchemy with five elements). "Personal Deity" system allows you to choose your element.
- Added Nazcan andean religion. Doesn't appear by default except on Nazca, certain others can convert. It is the only fetishist cult amongst them.
- Added Judaic religions: Samaritan, Karaite, Talmudic and Zionist (I know, this last one not on timeline; it is just for custom nations)
- Added Lovecraftian religion group
-- Added Cthulhian religion
-- Added Nyartholepian religion
-- Added Azathothian religion
-- Added Elder religion
- Minor changes on existing religions
- Muslim variants now have appropiate signs (not star and crescent colors)
- Forming Inca decision can now change the ideas of custom/random nations
- Sinic Empire new governmenmt now has a Faction System based on the old Celestial Empire one. It is enabled for some chinese-tech countries and can be picked in the custom nation editor.
- Feudal Theocracy is enabled for Jewish group religions
- Several text strings added or corrected
- Fixed Quechua culture not appearing
- Some religious icons
- AI will NEVER reform religion even with all reforms passed and a country with tech and institutions besides it.
- Somehow, in Random Nations, Nahuatl doom and therefore reforms are broken. This probably has to do with Hetmanate being available to all cultures, or some such other government reform
- For some reason random countries come with negative ideas again
- Some slider error makes advisor and holy place religion look off
- Check for possible new Mil custom ideas
- Give negative effects to celestial edicts
- Create OPM Nenets tag (migrating tribe, cavalry-based)
- Make all "forming country" triggerable for random/custom nations of specified characteristics
- Make all "forming country" decisions with special ideas be able to change ideas for nations with random/custom ideas
- Partially de-wastelandize more territories
- Add Crusader King converter religions
- Change temple icons in new religion groups
- Changed difficulty settings subtlely. Now you have extra unrest when playing on Hard and Very Hard (to simulate harder to govern, not just harder wars, in case you are not expansionist), though AI doesn't have such a large unrest reduction.
- Changed ideas precedence. This is mainly so that random nations get positive, not negative, ideas. This probably scrambles existing saed custom nations.
(For some reason, reducing "hostile core creation on us" is still a "popular" negative idea for random nations to take, if at least the only one)
- Removed "negative" version of female advisors and female generals.
RANDOM NEW WORLD:
- Random New World values slightly tweaked.
- Now Animist tribes will use South America GFX
- Generated countries will be slightly larger
- High american empires will be Tiahuanacan instead of Inti
- Andean and Mesoamerican High Americans aren't classed as Fantasy like vinland etc.
- Changed default starting levels for Mesoamerican and Andean tech to 2.
- Corrected Zen color to not be the same as Confucianism
- Added missed Harmonized modifiers for some religions and groups
(Remember Pachamama religion can also harmonize)
- Jewish religions can have Personal Unions
- Jewish religions have Jerusalem as center of faith
- Jewish religions can have Defender of the Faith
- Added Alkimian religions (only for custom nations/custom start saves currently)
- Replace ahistorical "moon crescents" from islam logos (turkic symbol) with appropiate calligraphy etc.
- Move catholic logo and add neutral one to represent "no religion"
- Fix Mayan nations getting all reforms at once (prerequisites vs reform effect)
- Add more logos for native flags and increase frequency for random native nations having a logo
- Apparently there is a random, messageless crash that makes the game just disappear (happened on a re-loaded random new world save). This may be significant because the mod used to run alone from start date to end date without any problem.
- Added custom start screen
- Added game logo
- Added loading screen logo
- Added missing and new strings
RELIGION AND REFORMS:
- Andean religions no longer have a "defender of the faith"
- Andean cultures can raise banner armies in their provinces (typically they would fight along their ethnic huacas)
- Made reforms somewhat easier
- Doom bonuses/maluses changed. Now generates unrest but gives your army more morale and less discipline (desperation to fight); no change to tech/idea cost.
- Extended religious reform mechanics to all new american religions
- now uses Doom and Nahuatl prerequisites
- Nahuatl prerequisites allows for either vassals or tributaries
- Changed Huaca special casus belli to allow enforcing tributary and not vassal
- but the reformation effect is like Maya, yet reform reduces doom.
- Tributary status allows you to sacrifice your subject's heir.
- Now uses Authority and incan Prerequisites
- The reformation effect has nationalist revolts
- Now uses Extension like Maya
- Similar effect
* Andean Pantheon
- Now uses Extension like Maya
- Effect is revolts
* NEW PRETHEIST RELIGION: Salamanca
The Salamanca is a syncretic hispano-andean witch-cult that honors Supay, deity and familiar of the underworld.
Salamanca increases local risk of revolts (+3 unrest) and is hard to convert. As your state rligion, Salamanca has a high tolerance of the true faith to offset the revolt risk (+4 tolerance)
It appears in northern argentina and southern bolivia provinces approximately between 1650-1782
- Easter Island (Rapa Nui) has Huaca religion
- When Inca is formed on default start dates, Cuzco cores are revoked from the provinces (it makes no sense that Cuzco rebels against Inca)
- Forming the Inca Empire removes all cores from your old tag (so your own nation doesnt rebel against their own new empire [They have brought peace, and security to their new empire.])
* Added Yanakona estate which didn't appear before. It will replace the Artisans estate for Despotic Monarchies and Feudal Monarchies in the Andean religious group.
* Many changes, new interactions and improvements for existing Andean estates
TODO: Make repeatable(?) Inca/Tihuanacan decision for extra authority, since something is bugging the increase for AI (probably they always take -authority decisions in events)
- New independent A Brave New World music pack
- New independent Brave New Worlds loading screens pack
- Eastern Alchemy religion
- Five Elements
- Eight Taoist Immortals
- Western Siberia no longer Wasteland
- Central Siberia no longer Wasteland
- Eastern Siberia no longer Wasteland
- Aztec is lucky nation until the historical start date of Spanish conquest (1519)
- Cusco/Incan is lucky nation until the historical start date of Spanish conquest (1532)
- Minor Lucky adjustements
- Added a new bookmark for The Fall of Ming
- Corrected CBs for the Revolt
- Shu is now Taoist
- Xi is now Taoist
- Various fixes for the Fall of Ming, such as low mandate, prestige and legitimacy for Ming
- Incan and andean provinces have been modified to not instantly become of "castillan" culture as soon as the Inca empire falls in 1532 (conquest was more gradual with even royal incas having their own state up to 1572). Most will give Spain control but still not be converted instantly to catholicism and castillan culture (in fact, andean cultures survive up to today in many regions in real life and are official cultures in Bolivia.)
- Various "group ideas" for generic nations slightly improved, corrected and/or diversified
Custom Nation Designer:
- Currently, double effect ideas work normally ingame but don't display correctly on the designer (seem "nameless")
- Added Neutral ideas (zero cost, give a positive and negative effect equivalent in each level)
- Added strings for (some) negative ideas
- Decision to get High American tech from Andean tech - Costs 3 years of income and 900 Admin points, requires admin tech 9
- AI nations can become Pirate Republics if they have the prerequisites
- Maya Nation can be formed in non-historical setups
- Incan Nation can be formed in non-historical setups
- Romans can reform into Inca id they have the necessary prerequisites
- Now every religion group can get the "battle pope" reform is they are a Theocracy and have "combat_heresy_reform"
* Added Curaca estate for Andean countries
* Added Huaca estate for Huaca official religion countries
* Added Yanakonas estate for andean countries
* Added Artisans estate for mesoamerican and andean countries
* Added Ritualist estate for mesoamerican and andean countries
* Added Panaka estate for Inti countries
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Andean
- For cultural religions of the Andes region
- Andean religions can convert to other Andean religions
- Now can have Defender of the Faith
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Mesoamerican
- For Aztec and Maya related religions
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Pretheist
- For the "primitive" religions such as Animism, Totemism and Fetishism
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Areligious
- This is for ideosyncracies not based on gods or the spiritual.
* NEW EASTERN RELIGION Zen:
Uses Piety mechanic
* NEW EASTERN RELIGION Taoism:
Uses Karma mechanic
Can convert with stability cost
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Huaca:
Huacas were sacred sites for andean cultures.
Huaca religion functions like Coptic in having sacred places, having five holy sites scattered across the Andes, two of which are uncolonized at game start and three with different owners.
It also can be Syncretic.
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Pachamama:
This is the cult of the Mother Earth godess, specially common amongst Aymara people.
It can be Syncretic as well.
Pachamama Harmonizes other religions from the group.
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Tihuanaco:
- Has a somewhat high tolerance for heretics of the Andean group.
- Can choose Personal Deity of the Andean group.
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Andesian Pantheon:
- Has a high tolerance for heretics of the Andean group.
- Can choose Personal Deity of the Andean group
- Has Syncretic Religion
* MODIFIED ANDEAN RELIGION Inti:
- Now uses Patriarch Authority and can comission Icons of legendary Inca rulers for bonuses.
- Now has a secondary religion mechanic to replace its own bonuses. Bonus of itself as a secondary religion reduced. (as in real life Shinto is almost always syncretic, specially with buddhism)
- Missionaries have more power in Shinto provinces (-1% instead of -2%)
-- Note: Syncretism is bugged in the base game, you may have to reload your savegame after going to main menu to choose syncretic faith if the button is grayed out. (this seems to happen specially if you use console commands.)
- Tengri: Can now have itself as syncretic religion because Shinto can. Gives +5% cavalry combat and +15% cavalry flanking.
- The Synthetic event also makes all countries in the Maya culture group of the High American tech group
- Andean and Mesoamerican nations can get to be High American Empires by paying five years of income if they have high enough ADM tech
- Andean and Mesoamerican nations can get off being "Primitive" with a special decision with DIP tech, but Reform_Religion still doesn't change.
- Primitive Nations don't get "state firearms regiments".
- Instead they get "Organized Armies" with +2% yearly army professionalism but it costs Unrest permanently
- Inti events can now change Inti "Patriarch Authority"
todo- Nenets no longer Wasteland (?)