Extract in your Paradox - Europa Universalis 4 mod folder (in my documents normally), then select it in the mod manager on the launcher. Many new features and fixes in this version.
Brave New World EUIV mod changelog
- Added custom start screen
- Added game logo
- Added loading screen logo
- Added missing and new strings
RELIGION AND REFORMS:
- Andean religions no longer have a "defender of the faith"
- Andean cultures can raise banner armies in their provinces (typically they would fight along their ethnic huacas)
- Made reforms somewhat easier
- Doom bonuses/maluses changed. Now generates unrest but gives your army more morale and less discipline (desperation to fight); no change to tech/idea cost.
- Extended religious reform mechanics to all new american religions
- now uses Doom and Nahuatl prerequisites
- Nahuatl prerequisites allows for either vassals or tributaries
- Changed Huaca special casus belli to allow enforcing tributary and not vassal
- but the reformation effect is like Maya, yet reform reduces doom.
- Tributary status allows you to sacrifice your subject's heir.
- Now uses Authority and incan Prerequisites
- The reformation effect has nationalist revolts
- Now uses Extension like Maya
- Similar effect
* Andean Pantheon
- Now uses Extension like Maya
- Effect is revolts
* NEW PRETHEIST RELIGION: Salamanca
The Salamanca is a syncretic hispano-andean witch-cult that honors Supay, deity and familiar of the underworld.
Salamanca increases local risk of revolts (+3 unrest) and is hard to convert. As your state rligion, Salamanca has a high tolerance of the true faith to offset the revolt risk (+4 tolerance)
It appears in northern argentina and southern bolivia provinces approximately between 1650-1782
- Easter Island (Rapa Nui) has Huaca religion
- When Inca is formed on default start dates, Cuzco cores are revoked from the provinces (it makes no sense that Cuzco rebels against Inca)
- Forming the Inca Empire removes all cores from your old tag (so your own nation doesnt rebel against their own new empire [They have brought peace, and security to their new empire.])
* Added Yanakona estate which didn't appear before. It will replace the Artisans estate for Despotic Monarchies and Feudal Monarchies in the Andean religious group.
* Many changes, new interactions and improvements for existing Andean estates
TODO: Make repeatable(?) Inca/Tihuanacan decision for extra authority, since something is bugging the increase for AI (probably they always take -authority decisions in events)
- New independent A Brave New World music pack
- New independent Brave New Worlds loading screens pack
- Eastern Alchemy religion
- Five elements
- Eight Taoist immortals
- Western Siberia no longer Wasteland
- Central Siberia no longer Wasteland
- Eastern Siberia no longer Wasteland
- Aztec is lucky nation until the historical start date of Spanish conquest (1519)
- Cusco/Incan is lucky nation until the historical start date of Spanish conquest (1532)
- Minor Lucky adjustements
- Added a new bookmark for The Fall of Ming
- Corrected CBs for the Revolt
- Shu is now Taoist
- Xi is now Taoist
- Various fixes for the Fall of Ming, such as low mandate, prestige and legitimacy for Ming
- Incan and andean provinces have been modified to not instantly become of "castillan" culture as soon as the Inca empire falls in 1532 (conquest was more gradual with even royal incas having their own state up to 1572). Most will give Spain control but still not be converted instantly to catholicism and castillan culture (in fact, andean cultures survive up to today in many regions in real life and are official cultures in Bolivia.)
- Various "group ideas" for generic nations slightly improved, corrected and/or diversified
Custom Nation Designer:
- Currently, double effect ideas work normally ingame but don't display correctly on the designer (seem "nameless")
- Added Neutral ideas (zero cost, give a positive and negative effect equivalent in each level)
- Added strings for (some) negative ideas
- Decision to get High American tech from Andean tech - Costs 3 years of income and 900 Admin points, requires admin tech 9
- AI nations can become Pirate Republics if they have the prerequisites
- Maya Nation can be formed in non-historical setups
- Incan Nation can be formed in non-historical setups
- Romans can reform into Inca id they have the necessary prerequisites
- Now every religion group can get the "battle pope" reform is they are a Theocracy and have "combat_heresy_reform"
* Added Curaca estate for Andean countries
* Added Huaca estate for Huaca official religion countries
* Added Yanakonas estate for andean countries
* Added Artisans estate for mesoamerican and andean countries
* Added Ritualist estate for mesoamerican and andean countries
* Added Panaka estate for Inti countries
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Andean
- For cultural religions of the Andes region
- Andean religions can convert to other Andean religions
- Now can have Defender of the Faith
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Mesoamerican
- For Aztec and Maya related religions
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Pretheist
- For the "primitive" religions such as Animism, Totemism and Fetishism
* NEW RELIGION GROUP: Areligious
- This is for ideosyncracies not based on gods or the spiritual.
* NEW EASTERN RELIGION Zen:
Uses Piety mechanic
* NEW EASTERN RELIGION Taoism:
Uses Karma mechanic
Can convert with stability cost
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Huaca:
Huacas were sacred sites for andean cultures.
Huaca religion functions like Coptic in having sacred places, having five holy sites scattered across the Andes, two of which are uncolonized at game start and three with different owners.
It also can be Syncretic.
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Pachamama:
This is the cult of the Mother Earth godess, specially common amongst Aymara people.
It can be Syncretic as well.
Pachamama Harmonizes other religions from the group.
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Tihuanaco:
- Has a somewhat high tolerance for heretics of the Andean group.
- Can choose Personal Deity of the Andean group.
* NEW ANDEAN RELIGION Andesian Pantheon:
- Has a high tolerance for heretics of the Andean group.
- Can choose Personal Deity of the Andean group
- Has Syncretic Religion
* MODIFIED ANDEAN RELIGION Inti:
- Now uses Patriarch Authority and can comission Icons of legendary Inca rulers for bonuses.
- Now has a secondary religion mechanic to replace its own bonuses. Bonus of itself as a secondary religion reduced. (as in real life Shinto is almost always syncretic, specially with buddhism)
- Missionaries have more power in Shinto provinces (-1% instead of -2%)
-- Note: Syncretism is bugged in the base game, you may have to reload your savegame after going to main menu to choose syncretic faith if the button is grayed out. (this seems to happen specially if you use console commands.)
- Tengri: Can now have itself as syncretic religion because Shinto can. Gives +5% cavalry combat and +15% cavalry flanking.
- The Synthetic event also makes all countries in the Maya culture group of the High American tech group
- Andean and Mesoamerican nations can get to be High American Empires by paying five years of income if they have high enough ADM tech
- Andean and Mesoamerican nations can get off being "Primitive" with a special decision with DIP tech, but Reform_Religion still doesn't change.
- Primitive Nations don't get "state firearms regiments".
- Instead they get "Organized Armies" with +2% yearly army professionalism but it costs Unrest permanently
- Inti events can now change Inti "Patriarch Authority"
todo- Nenets no longer Wasteland (?)