Indev stage! New blocks and items! (PLEASE IF YOU'RE STILL USING THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE MOD MOVE TO THE DISCORD SERVER (Go to the main page to find it)
Discord server: Discord.gg
MultiMC is a custom launcher for Minecraft that has many advanced features, such as quickly adding jar mods, making it the easiest and most recommended way to play. To get started with MultiMC, download it here! After installing MultiMC, you can now follow our easy tutorial on getting the mod.
- Download the mod zip. You do not need the JSON.
- Inside MultiMC, create a new Beta 1.7.3 Instance. There isn't any particular preferences, create how you want it!
- Open up the instance settings by right-clicking the instance and selecting 'edit instance'.
- In the 'Version' tab, select 'Add to Minecraft.jar'.
- Select the downloaded zip.
- Close out instance settings and launch the game.
Congrats, you now have the mod! Feel free to add more mods this way or edit the other instance settings.
If you do not like MultiMC or would rather not install more programs, there is an alternative however not as recommended. This way will also work on any launcher that supports custom jars.
(Note: A JSON for default Minecraft launcher is not yet available meaning this method will not work)
- Start by downloading the Beta 1.7.3 jar file. It can be found on Mojang's servers here.
- If you don't have an archiver, get one now. A good free one for Windows is 7-zip, which can be grabbed online here.
- Download and extract the latest version of the mod here along with the JSON which can be downloaded on the same page.
- Open up your Beta 1.7.3 jar file with your archiver and move all of the extracted files and folders from the mod into it.
- Still inside your Beta 1.7.3 jar, delete the folder META-INF.
- Go to wherever your /.minecraft is located; usually this can be found in %appdata%/.minecraft or in your home folder on Mac and Linux.
- Enter the versions folder, where you can create a new folder labeled 'Alpha-Mod'.
- Inside the folder you created, place your modified Beta 1.7.3 jar and the JSON.
- If needed, rename your Beta 1.7.3 jar to 'Alpha-Mod', the same name as the folder and JSON.
- Enter Minecraft launcher and you should see a new version labeled 'Alpha-Mod'! (If you don't, make sure you have historical versions checked)
- Select the version and launch the profile.
Congrats, you have done the hard way and installed the mod! Feel free to change the profile settings, they shouldn't effect the mod working.