Here is my second update! I am very new to modding, and I have a busy schedule so updates will not be too frequent. If anyone is interested in helping, feel free to contact me. I am by no means against collaboration. It is still very rough and unpolished, and I will at some point be giving the localization files the time and care they need, but that is for a future update. My next update will most likely be focusing on the Native Americans, ideally I would eventually like to see "Native American Minor" become a thing of the past.
Changelog for Version 0.2:
- Immigration and Assimilation Mechanics Massively Altered:
* Asian Immigration Massively Nerfed, at no point was Asian Immigration to the U.S. or other Western diaspora societies more than single digits during the game's timeframe.
* Assimilation Massively Overhauled:
* Assimilation Heavily Reduced, Assimilation is a generational process, not something that happens in a matter of days
* The Victorian Era was a very racially stratified era. Cultures which would not be perceived as "white" will NOT assimilate to the "White American" cultures, nor will they assimilate to other western diaspora cultures
- Seminole Culture now exists in Florida, along with a decision to remove them to Oklahoma.
- FIXED Washington DC/Maryland border (adding a new province called Annapolis), the entire U.S. now has correct state boundaries!
- Afro American culture no longer made accepted by the Emancipation Proclamation decision. Only someone very ignorant of the U.S. would consider Afro American to be "accepted" in the late 19th century/early 20th century U.S. Changes will come in future updates.
-Likewise for Native Americans, none of the associated decisions/events will make them an accepted culture of the U.S. HOWEVER, a decision has been added to make all native cultures accepted at once, set to become available in 1924 (representing the 1924 Indian Citizenship Act).
-Some tweaks to the custom modifiers