Contains the assorted character edits as originally released on MFG forums. These are full characters, no additional files needed. Black Widow by Arkady, NIco & Hyper, edited by Himegami, Palettes by AlanHoult & Yolomate // Captain Marvel by ZVitor - ReSprite and Edit By Abnerrse4, - Palettes by Yolomate // Etrigan by Wucash // Lobo by Buyog // Magneto by Sunboy // Mr. Sinister by BigPimp // Omega Red by Zvitor // Phoenix by Blade // Poison Ivy by Zvitor & Harbinger // Scarlet Witch by ZVitor, Warecuz, Arkady, & Acey // Zero by Ramzaneko & Mr.Karate // original AI codes and Hyper Combo Finish sound by Mystik Blaze // Hyper Combo Finish BG sprites by Winane // edits by Swanky
Contains the assorted character edits as originally released on MFG forums.
These are full characters, no additional files needed.
Black Widow by Arkady, NIco & Hyper, edited by Himegami, Palettes by AlanHoult & Yolomate //
Captain Marvel by ZVitor - ReSprite and Edit By Abnerrse4, - Palettes by Yolomate //
Etrigan by Wucash //
Lobo by Buyog //
Magneto by Sunboy //
Mr. Sinister by BigPimp //
Omega Red by Zvitor //
Phoenix by Blade //
Poison Ivy by Zvitor & Harbinger //
Scarlet Witch by ZVitor, Warecuz, Arkady, & Acey //
Zero by Ramzaneko & Mr.Karate //
original AI codes and Hyper Combo Finish sound by Mystik Blaze //
Hyper Combo Finish BG sprites by Winane //
edits by Swanky
Please refer to each character's readme file and Swankys_edit file for more details, gameplay, and possible combo breakdowns.
- major pass on her gameplay. Black Widow can now wall bounce an enemy twice.
- sHK and sHP follow up can both wall bounces, as well as QCF HK
- changed around a good bit of AvX bounce code to make this possible
- cWK can now OTG but increased cost to 2 juggle points. Overall juggle points of 15 remain unchanged.
- changed around a few ground and air.hittimes
- can now push block (again?)
- can now counter
- Hyper Combo Finish BG
- deactivated Sniper Hyper for AI. Doesn't do anything useful with it.
- disabled her charged shot. Didn't do anything for her gameplay. Can of course be re-enabled if you so choose.
- shortened liedown time
- optional portraits by Shulbocka
General gameplay is unchanged from Himegami's update. She's a light, yet very fast fighter. Also, she is more strictly ground based and doesn't combo well in the air.
The details however are a bit different since you can now wallbounce an opponent twice and scoop them up from the ground with Deadly Legs Heavy or cWK.
It's less effective against opponents that have a short lie down time or use recoveries of any kind,
but it also gives her some more unique tools to deal with the opposition. For those who are not back on their feet quick it's a nasty surprise.
You can still easily finish off your combo chains with either Heavy Artillery or Widow's Dance, the latter coming out lightning quick since Himegami's update.
- updated hittimes on basics, should be more consistent for comboing
- gave sHP very slightly more vel to make hits and follow up more consistent
- QCF k is slightly easier to hit, also bumped priority to 6 from 5. Revamped spinkick hitboxes. Can now hit bosstype characters
- QCF KK deals more damage and has negative vel so it "sucks" enemies in to prevent them from accidentally escaping the chain
- shortened liedown time considerably (from 120 -> 30)
- added a hyper combo finish BG, sprites by Winane
- re-enabled her Pushblock. Simple, but effective.
- Captain Marvel learned how to counter. The move is a copy of her QCF K energy blade and is functionally the same.
It has slow startup but is invincible all the way through. Due to startup it can be blocked.
- Her sHP now wallbounces, if close enough to a wall. This can set up/extend combos that QCF K cannot.
- Her jHP now bounces enemies off the floor. Floor bouncing hight had to be raised to prevent inconsistencies from bouncing.
You can wall bounce and ground bounce an enemy once each per combo.
- Bolstered the original AvX code a little as a safeguard. The original code has sometimes issues with multiple bounces (especially of the same kind, as I've learned when working on Black Widow)
- Bouncing height is now -30 due to consistency issues with it when superjumping
(There may still be some jank left in this)
- Every move that can bounce also has now a secondary hitdef to prevent whiffs due to coding.
- These moves can now also affect boss type characters. Names for affected characters can be set in Statedef -2 (overrides.cns).
- by default, this supports Apocalypse, Onslaught, Master Hand and Abyss per p2name ="x"
- re evaluated basically every damage value in her moveset. Bread&Butter specials are now affected by Damage Dampening, while super moves are not.
- changed her Nova Super to deal damage as a helper, to set the above.
- her QCB P orb special now lasts until it actively hits an enemy or until 5 seconds pass. They no longer vanish when the player is hit.
- They deal very little damage and hitstun, but they can break enemy combos and reset velocities on your combos.
- checked for consistency on her basics frame data.
- shortened her lie down anim time
- cleared out some twenty PALs or so
- secondary .sff are different sprites. They don't include the new Hyper Combo Finish screens however and will cause errors.
- not sure whether her portrait was there before or whether it is by Shulbocka. Sorry. There's an alternate portrait in the .sff.
- Redid her AI. It's not as good as I want it to be for now since the AI seemingly ignores the variables for bouncing but it just won't spam stuff that the original AvX AI did.
- The old cmd file with the original AI values is still present, if you so wish.
- Fixed some triggers regarding her wall bounce checks in statedef 1110
- Deleted her bounce checks in Nova Super (QCF KK)
- Nerfed Damage of Nova Super
- fixed incorrect Hyper Beam sprpriority (was set at 99, now set at 5)
- Orbs (QCB P) are now activated on contact instead of hit, fixed secondary hitdef not using primary destroyself checks (resulting in incorrect hit & timeout behaviour)
- Her Energy Beam (QCF P), Orbs and Hyper Beam now hit/destroy projectiles; should work for most helper type projectiles as well (attr = SP)
- Fixed her AI not checking for floor bounce (still somewhat incompetent when it comes to wall bounce juggling). Still, she uses her set a lot smarter now.
Changes to gameplay
Captain Marvel now has a lot more options to set up and chain combos. While the initial damage is about average, landing extended combos can put her far above average damage per combo.
As stated, her sHP and jHP now bounce opponents, and one of each can be used per combo, else the opponent will just fall down. Many of her attacks can leave her quite open, so beware.
To compensate, her defensive capabilities are less advanced compared to regular MvC fighters. For instance, she cannot guard push in the air and she has no recovery roll.
However, you can now use her QCB P orbs special to effectively break/reset enemy combos. Depending on hitstun, you may now have a chance to block / counter.
Her extended combo ability is the heart of this edit.
As mentioned she can wallbounce once and groundbounce once per combo. This puts her damage potential through the roof (although there is a damage dampener - I haven't extensively looked for infinites, though).
- Fixed all instances of basics not properly chaining.
- edited frame data and hittimes
- learned to push block, sprites from a breakers resource
- learned to Alpha Counter
- the AI knows how to use those
- did a damage balance pass (may need to do more though)
- fixed command input structure
- added missing sprites 5041,20 and 5042,20
- fixed 9000,0 portrait for regular rosters
- hopefully fixed all issues sprites could have with Mugen 1.0
- new fire effects for Hellfire by XCB
- changed loganirs push block sprites to breakers, just to be sure
Gameplaywise, Etrigan retains his wild and unpredictable style. His chain inputs may feel slightly off compared to other characters, that is by design.
Both his sHP and alpha counter moves are overhead and knock foes down. His launcher is cHK compared to cHP that most characters use.
His general comboing ability is limited including his hypers, but he deals above damage in general.
- His basic combos should no longer feel sluggish
- specifically increased his jump basics air.hittime to allow for better comboing when using dash into jump attacks when opening an attack
- tweaked his jMK, should now also hit close enemies and regular sized fighters when dashing
- can chain basics into pistol shot and frag grenade
- can also chain basics into BFG, Lights out Clyde and Motorbike Hypers
- can pushblock, touched up the effects (FX from Breakers)
- can now alpha counter (does a heavy punch with two hits, 2nd hit is overhead and knocks p2 down)
- fixed some issues with Statedef 5400 (the wallbounce), shouldn't get stuck on walls anymore
- reworked Hyper BGs and Hyper Combo Finish BGs (edited, originally by Winane)
- added sound to Hyper Combo Finish BG (taken from MB's MechGouki)
- fixed a number of errors reported by FF
- deactivated Amalgam Hyper
- added slight liferegen (1 every 10 frames) due to him being a Czarnian. Deactivates if roundstate != 2 or life = 0.
- added a few winquotes
Lobo's gameplay should have improved due to smoother comboing.
However, most of his specials don't lend itself to chaining very well for various reasons.
That includes his grappling meat hook which could otherwise set up infinites and his beverage drink.
You can chain into his pistol shot and grenade, beware that the grenade does inflict selfdamage if you are too close to the explosion.
It should now be easier setting up combos when using dash to jump into the enemy.
For optimal launched air combos, delay up for a moment when using cHP launcher.
- does now feature AI (at least I think I added it. Been a few years since I touched that file in sensitive places)
- can now hit Boss characters - check statedef -2 for adding more bosses to that list
- optional portrait by Shulbocka
- fixed .sff portraits
- new default palette
- completely rebalanced damage
- reworked his telekinetic QCB P/K grabs
- they now toss the opponent around and BOUNCE them (AvX bounce states were already present in the code)
- QCB P now won't turn if opponent gets thrown close to the wall
- this makes for some very interesting combos
- each grab can be used ONCE per combo
- his normals were rebalanced and fixed
- can combo punches or kicks, but not zigzag. Can link standing / crouching punches, standing / crouching kicks
- sHP and sHK are now overheads, sHK hits twice if close enough
- reanimated cHP, should be smoother now and a little faster
- rebalanced a lot of frame data
- specials and hypers should now correctly do block damage and have rebalanced damage values (QCF KK shouldn't do 400dmg up close anymore)
- energy-based hypers & specials can destroy projectiles
- area concussive blast hitboxes have been slightly adjusted
- (area) concussive blasts and hyper (area) concussive blasts have longer reset animations before returning ctrl
- energy-based hypers now grant 15 iframes on startup
- regeneration hyper now has a hitbox - it's a powerful ability that should have a risk when using it - also no iframes on startup
- he can now cancel into specials and hypers from normals (specials into hypers, not so much but not needed)
- learned to PushBlock in all block states (ASC)
- learned to counter (edited statedef 220 variant)
- learned to throw (forward / backwards)
- added Hyper Combo screens, sprites by Winane
- 9000,1 portrait shortened to 140*120
- added effects for enemy being successfully grabbed by throw, backthrow or either telekinetic grab (flashes purple)
- repositioned many sparks
- cleared out a lot of unused bg leftover sprites from AvX
- Added several triggers to make sure he doesn't get life regen when at life = 0
- changed around some of his Life Regen super. Now activates at Frame 9. Deactivates when roundstate != 2 or Life = 0
Version 1.0 changelog
- added a Hyper Combo Finish screen. Sprites by Winane
- added Hyper Combo Finish sounds
- added Push Block (sprites from a breakers sprite pack).
- added counter. 1 bar, B, DB, D, K
- a few slight damage calibrations to sHP and QCF+K moves
- sHK start up is faster
- is able to combo into specials and hypers, although not into hypers from specials
- QCF PP is slightly faster on startup
- QCF PP and QCB PP have 24 and 10 invul frames on startup.
- P2 launched vel is slightly higher so air combos are easier to follow
- deactivated his poison pool super, activated life drain aura hyper
- some tweaks to the AI with codes by MystikBlaze and additional edits, changed activation method to 1.0
- changed portrait to something without holes and changed his win portrait
- Quotes by Cyanide
- His Omega Drain adjusted. Drains 3times the amount of health now, restores double the amount of health.
- reworked TK Trap. TK Shot no longer affects TK Trap effects. TK Trap can now counter many projectiles.
- TK Trap duration slighty decreased.
- TK Trap effects changed. Fire goes out a little faster to give a visual hint when it's about to go out
- changed Phoenix Rage effects and damage on block
- Streamlined combo system to hopefully disallow for infinites. Now has a clean structure of how combos can flow (zigzag)
- changed some frame data to further disallow for infinites, or for basics to better connect
- added some missing floor / ceil expressions
- extended sHP hitbox to the flame. Now a potent tool for zoning.
- deleted the flame effect from cHP, now used by Phoenix Rage
- repositioned some fire effects for better flow
- added a pushblock move. Effects from Breakers.
- added a simple AI. She does a good job zoning enemies out
- fixed 9000,1 portrait
- TK Shot now blocks projectiles
- She now has a Hyper Combo Finish screen. Original sprites by Winane, edited by Swanky
- several attacks weren't chaining together right, or had really weird hittimes. Fixed both.
- Hitboxes for jMK and jHK made larger for more consistent air comboing
- changed hitdef on cHP (launcher) to allow for juggling opponents, now costs 2 juggling points
- made many of her attacks including basics, specials & even some hypers come out a little faster
- as a result to her much improved damage ability, juggling points wer toned down to 11
- her QCF KK comes out faster, ground foliage doesn't bind to player anymore to prevent it floating in the air
- her QCF PP does not get removed on gethit. It is now a very potent tool to shut down close opponents
- fixed a few missing numhelper triggers, reducing logspam
- fixed a warning in statedef 12
- I think I also fixed a typo in her quotes... :P
A lot of Ivy's gameplay revolves around her Poison Kiss (236P). It is the main sources of combo chaining (or I'm just not good enough to use the rest of her kit).
Version 1.0 initial release
- added a list of bosses and characters with super armor to statedef -2. Add your own to make them vulnerable to Hex Box and Dark Pillar.
- all heavy normals were rebalanced damage wise
- fixed several inconsistent hittimes for normals
- corrected hitflag for statedef 1110 (Dark Pillar), should now be able to OTG
- Hex Box and Dark Pillar can now hit boss type & super armor type characters
- Hex Blast Hyper can now hit boss type & super armor type characters
- Revitalize Hyper regenerates more life
- added aerial and crouching push block
- added counter (requires 1 bar, B,DB,D, P)
- shortened liedown time
- added Hyper Combo Finish BG
- touch ups to the AI, it should now be zoning more thoroughly while being more menacing in melee range.
- new portrait (old one is still present if you want to switch it back)
- normalized normals some more. Comboing is now consistent if dependant on distance, height and get up time of the opponent. Max combo damage should vary between 460 - 550 dmg.
- fixed Hex Blast not hitting bosses
- fixed a typo in the quotes
- goal was to shift Zero more into the general direction of MvC Gameplay. Most of it was already present, but a lot of it had to be adjusted or, in some cases,
outright fixed. See the whole list of changes below:
- changed a lot of hittimes and hitdefs to assure Zero can actually reliably combo. sHP animtime length adjusted to disallow infinites.
- brought the combo system in line (zigzag combos enabled)
- changed the whole basic system to have his buster on c for easier comboing. All combos and values have been accordingly adjusted.
- disabled most of the EX moves. EX Handeki and EX Shippuga have replaced their heavy versions. Disabled the FX and tweaked damage values.
- anim for EX Shippuga has been lenghtened so cannot be spammed ad infinitum
- Air Shippuga has been disabled
- Raijingeki has less velpush, should have drastically less cornerpush
- command for raikosen is now QCF K
- rearranged command structure to account for EX Handeki and EX Shippuga now being regular special moves
- air.hittime for Raikosen has been increased by 11 frames. Not really a big thing since air.recover was and is 0.
Note: various specials can be chained together. Dmg values have been adjusted accordingly.
- disabled saber combo level 1, buster shot level 2 and GenMu Zero (the latter wasn't really working in the air anyway)
- changed commands to trademark MvC layout
- Buster Shot Level 1 now throws two Ex Handekis with adjusted damage
- Saber Combo Level 2 now actually holds p2 for its entire duration instead of allowing for blocking half way through. Damage has been adjusted
- Saber Combo Level 2 and Rekkouha (both versions) are easier to combo into
- Dark Hold damage adjusted to lvl3 values
- Hyper BGs inlined to blue (except for lvl3s)
- Zero learned how to pushblock
- disabled parry, charge, dodge and excel mechanics. They're just disabled, not deleted, so you're free to go nuts and re-enable them.
- Hadangeki and Buster Hyper Shot should cancel enemy projectiles
Zero has two levels of AI. Defaults to medium.
- Both are pretty aggressive but medium should be more punishable and attacking less from all angles. Also slightly less proficient with Hyper usage.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.