Post Mortem Pixels
Based in Brazil
April 18 2019
$3.99 - Steam
Talk to Strangers is a short game of everyday survival. Survive door to door conversations ranging from bizarre to mundane (in this order) while trying to sell products to strangers. But beware: nothing is what it seems in this neighborhood.
Talk to Strangers is a "spiritual successor" of a gameJAM game called "Don't Talk to Strangers", released on GameJolt for the Halloween gameJAM.
- Work for Sunny Mornings™ and sell the most varied products!
- What kinds of products, you ask? Do not worry about it, your role is to sell. :)
- Put your small talk to good use: Each step of the conversation can increase or decrease your Rage, Depression and SALES!
- Manage your money: Balance your spending between Motel costs and items that help you deal with your Rage and Depression.
- Can you find out all the different endings? There are more than 20!
Release trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "It’s cute and mildly subversive, if ultimately harmless. It evokes that feeling some games do, that there’s some secret hidden away that you just need to try one more playthrough to get at."
- Sin Vega, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Talk to strangers has great storytelling. When you get to a new house you never know what you’re going to see or experience."
- Emil Nordström, Indie Toaster
Post Mortem Pixels allows for the contents of Talk to Strangers to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Talk to Strangers is legally & explicitly allowed by Post Mortem Pixels. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/talk-to-strangers/presskit/all.
Steam store page store.steampowered.com/app/963280/Talk_to_Strangers.
Itch.io store page postmortempixels.itch.io/talk-to-strangers.
About Post Mortem Pixels
Post Mortem Pixels is mostly a "label" where Filipe Dilly and (occasionally) others makes games. We try to create highly systemic games with interesting design and visuals.
More information on Post Mortem Pixels, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Talk to Strangers Credits
Main coder, interface art, sound design
Luís Felipe Garrocho
Main Designer, main writer
Art Direction, pixel artist
Daniel Pinheiro Lima
Pixel art, animation, writer