In this tutorial we are going to look at how to trans-code a video from YouTube and convert it into RAW video and WAV audio. We can accomplish this using open source software like ffmpeg and other useful tools.
In this two-part video you will learn:
- How to grab raw FLV files off YouTube.
- Trans-code FLV into raw video and PCM wave audio to prevent loss of quality.
- Convert raw video into OGG Theora format without any problems or jitters.
- Bring video into NeoAxis file system, creating separate location to store them from sounds which have the same *.ogg extension.
- Create a EVideoBox GUI control that we will attach to a GameGUIObject which looks like a Terminal in-game.
- How to create logic event in Map Editor to connect GameGUIObject to buttons and video itself to control playback when user clicks button.
- Hook EVideoBox functions to check if EndOfVideo and automatically restart interface for playback once more.
Links to Software Used
VLC Media Player:
YouTube Video that is converted:
RealPlayer SP for Downloading FLV from YouTube:
Win32 build of ffmpeg:
ffe a fantastic front-end for ffmpeg:
Links to Videos