- Go to the downloads page and download the most recent installer.
- Download “Begin Transition().exe”. This is the mod manager, not any of the Mods themselves. For details, visit the mod descriptions on my website or here on ModDB.
- Launch the installer. Verify that the version number matches the most up-to-date version, then click Next. Accept the license agreement.
- Select your desired destination location. This is just where Transition() will be installed, so feel free to leave it at default. Click Next.
- This is the most important step. Select Transistor’s install directory. Double-check that the directory matches where Transistor is installed on your hard drive before continuing. If it’s not, navigate to your install location (YourSteamFolder\SteamApps\common\Transistor\) before continuing. If you don’t follow this step, nothing will work.
- Click Next through the rest of the installation.
After navigating to your Transition() folder, you’ll find a Hello_World().exe. Once launched, you’ll be staring at four Camerata faces and an Execute() button. Each member represents a different flavor of the game, with Sybil ( main() ) representing the vanilla game. Click on your desired Mod, then click Execute() to install it. As of this writing, only hyperThread() and main() are available. main() reinstalls the normal vanilla game, while hyperThread() is the new Mode that’s in Public Alpha. Once you’ve installed the Mod, go play it! Close the Mod Manager and go launch the game as usual. Send bugs and feedback our way! Have fun!
- Start a new save game.
- Play with Limiters on.
- Don't try to use Turn() for combat. Turn() is best used for evasion and picking up Cells.
- Don't play Hyperthread() if you haven't completed Transistor.
- Try different function combinations.
Remember that Hyperthread() is a replacement of New Game +, not a replacement of Transistor.
We aimed to make this as painless as possible, so there are a number of things you can do to revert to the original version of the game.
1. Run Transition(), select main() and then press Execute(). Regardless of which of our mods you’ve installed, this reverts any and all files Transition() has modified to their original versions.
2. Navigate to your Steam library, right-click on Transistor and select “Properties”. Click on the ‘Local Files” tab, and then “Verify Integrity of Game Cache.” Steam will then automatically re-download the modified files, with the additional guarantee that you’ll have the most up-to-date version.
To Uninstall the Mod Manager, navigate to your Transition() installation folder and run “unins000.exe”. Make sure Transition() is not running while you uninstall.
NOTE: Uninstalling the Mod Manager does NOT remove the mod from the game. The mod can still be removed without the mod manager: see the instructions above.
We hate it when uninstalling things is a pain or ends up leaving files behind, so if you have a bad experience removing our mods, please let us know!
If you find a bug in Transition().exe that isn’t listed below, let me know and we’ll get right on it. Note that these are only the known bugs for Transition().exe, NOT for Hyperthread() or any other Modes. For those, go to the Mod’s project page (links in the menu above). For common problems, check the FAQ.