Updates will continue to focus on bug-fixing and stability for the near future, our goal is to get a reasonably stable version released before we carry on with major features. For this period Steam updates will be frequent- every day or two-, and the "Stable" and "Experimental" versions of the game will be similar. Once a stable build is achieved I will release a new standalone installer for the non-Steam folks. Most of our work will depend on the awesome players who send in crashDump files and buggy save games.
A slight change to the Road Map
Most of our planned content has been put on hold due to this change in plans of bug fixing. This means that our 0.8 New Lands release will be delayed until further notice and we won’t be hitting a summer release for the map. At least the game should run more smoothly though.
0.74.24 is currently available on Steam. Here are the latest changelogs:
- Possible fix for random situations where characters dont move
- Toned down the strength and number of the dog packs
- Fixed recruitment (and other dialog) “sorry i cant afford it” bug
- More fixing for player characters not loading if you load a game and they are far away
- There was a bug where excessive numbers of squads were being saved, causing bloated savegames
- Fixed a potential load crash
- Just stability fixes
- Player characters can see better now, won’t ignore things so much
- A fix for potential problems with navmesh backwards compatability in previous saves
There seems to be a lot of bug reports lately of the game crashing when loading certain savegames. These are NOT caused by corrupted savegames, but are crashes from loading certain stuff. If you experience this, send us your savegame, we will fix the bug and your savegame will work again after the next update.
- Fix for randomly broken combat movement
- Fix for some of the loadgame crashes
Some savegame “corruptions” it turns out are caused by not importing your savegame after update 0.74.14. Import if you have problems, report the bug if you still have problems.
- If you have a savegame with a missing squad or characters vanishing “into the void” then loading your game with “reset squad positions” will now recover everyone. We are currently tracking down the root cause of this bug.
- Crashfix for certain situation deleting interiors
- Fixed a small typo in the perception system that made everybody not see other neutral NPCs
- Added audio to the perception system (work in progress)
- Fixes for wall placement
- Fixed 2 movement AI bugs making slavers and possibly town NPCs idle around some times
- Stability fixes
- Updated the prospecting GUI window
- Fixed the bug where characters could still “see” their squadmates from miles away and would run across the map to help them
- Fixed re-captured slaves going back to escaped slave status
- Fixed the “chase” mode order, so characters shouldn’t run off so much, but it’s not been tested much yet
- Bandits won’t get so obsessed with picking up dropped items they cant get to
- a possible fix for characters getting teleported outside of the known world
- fixed the wandering trader AI doing nothing
- Fixed turrets doing 1 damage again. Naughty turrets.
- Fixed the dismantle all button on walls
- Fixed wall placement snapping to position the wrong way around
- Fixed character AI preferring melee to using turrets
- Lots of AI bugfixes relating to fighting with turrets, and attacking gates (WIP)
- Fixed creature nests not spawning anything
- Fixed the suicidal follow AI behavior
- Fixed breaking shackles with brute strength
- Fix for the player outpost renaming
- Stability fixes