- Since the last update, all custom code used by Fate of the Galaxy has been merged upstream to the SCP. That means that we're using vanilla FreeSpace Open builds, and all custom modifications we've added are available for use by modders for other projects. Also, we've completely switched over to Knossos as a distribution system, which has made our beta testers able to easily and quickly update and test new features or fixes.
- Speaking of beta, our private testers have done a fantastic job with giving us feedback and we've done an immense amount of polishing and bug fixing from their feedback. A huge thank you for our beta testers and all the hard work they've done for us!
- Cockpits! We've been wanting in-game cockpits for years, and thanks to newcomer Limbert, that's now a reality! We have fully instrumented, working cockpits now in-game for the TIEs, A-Wing, X-Wing, Y-Wing, and Z-95. We also have a WIP B-Wing, and look forward to showing that off too!
- There have been a ton of smaller changes and improvements, such as new B-Wing weapon loadout, custom script movements for capital ships, custom controls, improved hyperspace effect, updated and proper weapon icons, AI improvements, and new voice acting for commanders.
- A few new additions from Rogue One for the Y-Wing including Ion Torpedoes and Proton Bombs.
- TONS of work on our super secret Project Alderaan
Interested in Joining the Cause?
Also, we'd like to give a shout-out to the XWVM team. They're a great group of talented and dedicated fans working on a recreation of the old LucasArts X-Wing games in Unity. They've been extremely supportive of Fate of the Galaxy and we send all our support to them as well!
This is really getting close, folks. There's a handful of things that still need to be done, but progress is going well on them. We can't promise anything but it's entirely possible that 2020 could see a public release of Fate of the Galaxy. Thanks for all the support and interest you've all shown throughout the years, and May the Force be With You.