We are starting a new section - Developer Diaries.
We will talk about the development process, about our ideas and the latest updates. In this issue, we will talk about what has already been done in the game. What we have been working on all this time.
This information is also available on the game website www.wildterra2.com
there are public channels and private channels. In private, we discuss the development process with the community, they share ideas. We will jointly decide on certain things by voting on a private channel.
What have we already done?
- MMO client and server architecture. Multi-user interaction, synchronization of actions, group, and chat system.
- Dynamic volumetric lighting. Change of day and night, torches and bonfires.
- Change of seasons and weather. Calculation of the position of the sun and moon, lunar cycle. Clear weather, cloudy, fog, rain, snow, and storm with thunderstorms. The wind and movement of the characters affect the grass.
- Biome system. A special system for placing and rendering surfaces, large and small objects of vegetation, resources and any other environmental elements. Linking auto-generation to territories, heights, and other parameters.
- Rivers, seas, lakes, swamps. Advanced water shaders. Wet surfaces in water. Support realistic flow maps and physical modeling, taking into account the heights and shape of the channel.
- A variety of animals, monsters, and bosses. Artificial Intelligence. Peaceful, neutral and aggressive behaviors. Mounted animals and pets.
- Combat system with melee and ranged attacks, defense. Combat skills.
- Character customization. The choice of gender, hairstyles, skin color and hair.
- An advanced system of crafts with quality, the use of tools and industrial buildings. Mining, construction, and other skills.
- An expanded system of fatigue, hunger, and satiety with different types of food. Cooking food.
- Territory capture system with the construction of your buildings.
- A system of quests with lines. Basic tutorial.
- Particle system for visualizing fire, swinging a sword, splashing blood and traces of injured animals.
- Post-processing. HDR support, color correction, calculation of the shading of points based on all objects, the effect of the glow on bright edges, nextgen cinematic smoothing while maintaining maximum image clarity.