The year is 2015, there is no comparable span of time in the last two-thousand years in which an army has not marched across the Rhine. Nor has the world ever seen a single nation wield so much power and influence.
Pax Americana (PAC), the long peace, new world order, whatever term you choose to describe the world we live in, it is the basis of this mod. PAC will be a modern day mod that attempts to simulate/exaggerate past, current and fictional crisis's and lead to a World War 3 scenario.
Just to set things straight i don't believe there will be a WW3 scenario in real life any time soon, nor do i believe china, Russia or any nation poses any real threat to the US (& im not American...). This is just a game.
About the mod
I've been developing this mod solo since November and it's at a point where I have researched, implemented or set the ground work for just about everything i'd like in the mod. It started off with Niko92's YAMDAM as the base and i slowly implemented many things from BlackICE(well get to that later) and recently Modestus allowed me to add in his RE-textured map.
- Over 300 techs, maybe even more in the future.
- My favorite counter HQ graphics from BlackICE (so the way they have corps, army, theater and etc colored)
- The infamous BlackICE Brigade formations, Main unit, supports, Transport unit & HQ.
- Modern units and many units adopted from BlackICE
- Intelligent and working AI
- Every single country has an OOB, but they are currently the OOB's from YAMDAM that i've converted to the BlackICE brigade formation's. They will be redone over time.
- Many new provinces.
- Alot of ministers and leaders from YAMDAM
- A modern day map from YAMDAM
- Modestus beautiful retextured map
- Yearly Policy events simiar to BlacICE's
- Aircraft rule supreme, the war is no longer won on land but in the air.
Where are we in development?
The first & currently the only conflict is Daesh. Daesh will be be a major threat for some especially if left alone but for most it'll be a practice conflict to learn the game mechanics and for me to get feedback on the balance of the mod. *hint* It shouldn't take a week to break a unit without AA *cough* Daesh units *cough* from bombing with modern aircraft.
I've also reached the point where i have to start doing long and time consuming tasks. Doing this solo + adding new content and fixing things is going to take huge ammounts of time. Which is why im looking for people who are interested in helping either by contributions or if you want to make a dev team we can do that as well.
15 Screen shots of WIP content
Thanks to Niko92 for allowing me to use the following from YAMDAM
- Everything in the common folder - Factions, governments, ideologies and etc.
- History folder - Countries (tho the majors have been almost redone), diplomacy(being redone), leaders, provinces & units(which i've made a script to modify every single OOB to BICE style).
- The interface - which i believe is vanilla not sure, so i might as well include it (i've redone the tech interface already).
- The map (which i've also modified)
Thanks to the BlackICE team for allowing me to use the following from BlackICE
- AI Scripts - I've read you guys are just using TFH's scripts but i might as well ask to be sure. Since this is a modern day mod I'm not using any of the country-ai lua just the base scripts, ai diplomacy, ai production and etc. Even those I've spent significant amounts of time modifying.
- Some base units stats have been copied and slightly modified.
- Graphics - Mainly just the counters for units which i plan to modify because half of them aren't correct for modern units and the GFX for the production screen.
- The production interface - I hope to modify this so it isn't the same as yours in the future.
- The black Ice unit style - Basically the whole Idea of HQ's and transports.
And thanks to Modestus for allowing me to use his RE-textured map.