This is Fish Simulator, a two player game where fish race to escape from their tanks.
- Animated main fish swimming and flopping
- Polished jumping physics
- Balanced tank placement
- Added in game events
- Polluted Tank Event
- Increased Food Spawning Event
- Added Scene transitions
- Added a table for the tanks to sit on
- Changed to horizontal split screen
- Bug fixes
What’s the Motivation?
The main goal of this sprint was to polish the game. We prioritized fixing movement physics and balancing the level difficulty. Next, we introduced in-game events like tank pollution to create more variability in gameplay. We also added animations and scene transitions for a more professional feel.
- We plan to add enemy AI like the fish owner and a cat that try to prevent the fishes’ escape when the fish try to jump to another tank.
- A few more tanks are in the works, but we think that we will limit the number of tanks to 5.
- More Balance Changes: This week we made some based on our own playtest, but next week we plan to make more as we get analytics data to work off of.
- Add a variety of food like small fish with different values and players can only consume food that are smaller than their sizes.
- Add interactable tank decor and a more fleshed out background.