Vesuvius is a 2.5D top down shooter that Doing Time Studio is making for our EECS 494 final project. Your mission is to travel to nearby hostile space stations to retrieve parts to repair your spaceship. It features procedural level generation for each level to increase replayability. There are lots of different enemy types and weapons to choose from.
Our shop contains many weapons and items:
The interactive minimal helps players find their way to the boss:
Players have the ability to teleport back to a dropped item to avoid swarms of enemies:
This week, we made significant improvements to the enemies. Players can expect to see large performance improvements and smarter AI pathfinding, along with a brand new enemy that fires in bursts! Additionally, we’ve added a brand-new level with its own boss and given the player a teleportation ability. We’ve also added more depth to the story line and made some miscellaneous QoL bug fixes and improvements.
- Redesigned the space ship
- Inventory bug fixes (scrolling and item pick ups)
- Improved enemy pathfinding to use navmesh
- Improved projectiles
- Bullets actually fire from the gun now
- Bullets look more interesting
- Large performance improvements regarding enemy AI
- Added a teleporting mechanic to the players movement
- Allows them to escape hordes of enemies
- New boss will lose track of the player
- New enemy that fires in bursts, leading each individual shot.
- Improved story line: Introduced engine room with two broken components that the player needs to collect by defeating enemy bosses.
- Added level select menu
- Enemy spawning currently very glitchy
- Added new water themed level
Mac and Windows builds can be found here!
Check out our itch.io page here!