- A Symphony of Arcade Blasting fresh from the Cyber Streets of the Neon 80s!
Welcome to an 80's neon future inspired first person cyber shooter. The year is 1997 and you are Commander James Moses, your mission - destroy the robot death army, rescue the Robodudes and save the world!!
Select your weapon and use your skills to face down a tidal wave of rogue robots... in this retro homage to Arcade classics such as Battlezone and Robotron. Frantic gameplay, an array of loud and destructive weaponry - you must cheat death at every turn!
Key Game Points:
• Fast-paced Arcade shooter gameplay - where the only things that matter are your game skills and the high-score table!
• A neon-drenched vector world unlike any other - full of movement and colour. No drab greys and browns here!
• Over 30 different enemies - from Robot armies & battle tanks through to massive mother-ship attack fleets
• An armoury of loud and heavy weapons - 15 different weapons to collect, from various classes including Plasma, Lasers, Beams, Flamers, Rockets and the mighty BFG!
• 9 World Zones to liberate, all with their own unique environments and enemies to annihilate
• Earn & collect Battle Cards with stats on the game enemies and weapons you have collected
Beta Test Round:
First off, a big thanks to everyone taking part in the Beta test. You will get a free copy of the game on release, and your name will be included within the game credits
The initial test build is PC only, with a planned Steam release. Mac and Linux builds will follow on release. WiiU and Vita also planned.
Beta Test Aims:
So, what are we hoping to achieve during the Beta test phase -
1. Help to balance and finalize the levels
2. Tweak/improve gameplay & weaponry balancing
3. Ensure each level is fun to play, with no frustrations that would alienate the player
4. Make sure game progression all works as it should, and that there is a good balance of content
The current status of the game is a rough and ready Beta.
The Beta Build is Windows only.
The key points to note are:
1. The development systems we use at Super Icon are all fairly old and low spec, so you should be fine to run Vektor Wars on most machines at a decent speed. We would like to hear any slowdown problems though!
2. As yet the levels aren't properly balanced, particularly weapon placement and enemy AI
3. The enemy designs are not all final, we plan to tweak a few of them - the same applies to the enemy balancing and weapon strengths - these all need to be finalized
4. Not all of the player weapons are final - further tweaking and balancing is expected
5. The story aspects are not final/complete yet
6. A couple of game modes are not ready - these will follow in future builds
7. There are bugs! And you will no doubt find some we aren't aware of. We'll be squashing them fast though, with very regular updates/fixes
Gameplay comments and requests are very welcome - we want to make the game as good as we can.
Bug/feature requests/reporting - we're thinking a forum is easiest and possibly the best way to share notes. Email is OK too if preferred.
You are completely free to stream/record Vektor Wars footage, post video footage on the Internet and share screen-grabs from the game. In fact - it would be great if you do this - helps us get the word out there about the game.
Vektor Wars was developed in Unity - the required PC specs are:
• OS: Windows XP+
• Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2004 should work.