After quite a bit of testing/tweaking, v22.214.171.124 is being officially released! There's been a lot of changes going on since the last patch, so here's a quick recap of everything included in this update:
- A whole new optional tutorial, with an NPC named Mentor that can guide new players step-by-step through the early actions of the game.
- Key bindings are now able to be edited, and the set keys/buttons display appropriately during the tutorial.
- All options (including key bindings) now save/load from an ini file, instead of in the save files
- Implemented villagers consuming food from the village inventory (each villager consumes 1 food item per hour).
- Any item that restores HP or MP is now regarded as a "Food" item (except Herbal Medicine).
- Recruiting new villagers is now dependent upon having enough food in stock (in the village inventory) to sustain the current population... if there's less food than the max population, then the chances of new villagers arriving is a percentage of the difference ((total food * 100) / max population). This means no food in stock = no new villagers.
- Increased the amount of food each job yields to compensate for the new consumption mechanic
- The generation of the map has been completely overhauled so that new harvestable resources can easily be modded into the game, as well as having control over how much of each resource is generated.
- The resources received from killing animals is now able to be modded (so it's possible to do stuff like adding chickens to the game that drop eggs)
- The size of the map has been decreased a tiny bit (from 100x100 to 70x70) to improve the overall game performance.
Note: Due to the changes in the map generation, old saves are unfortunately not compatible with this release. My apologies to those that had invested many hours in their game, but I felt the changes were worth implementing for the long term.