Hey everyone! It's been a while...
I decided to have an impromptu hiatus for a few months to really decide what I wanted to do with Hedz and the future of Scarlet Games. It was a productive "vacation" away from game development, but it's nice to be back in the swing of things.
Anyways... this is it! The official release of Hedz.io! The day I've been dreaming of for two years now, and while the game is drastically different from what I imagined it would be back then, it's certainly a solid project. However, this will be the final major version of Hedz.io that will be released. This is so I can take a step back and focus on developing a new and more ambitious IP! But don't worry, if there are any glaring issues, I will return and fix them :)
Before I go, I just want to thank everyone for the support. Developing this game has been tough and there's been a few times where it could have just ended and not been released. So I thank you for sticking with me and supporting me all the way! If you'd like to continue supporting, please share Hedz.io with your friends and follow me on Twitter!
Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed masking issues related to the Cat Ears cosmetic
- Fixed an oversight related to cosmetic masking sometimes affecting the 'Extra' cosmetic type
- Added 20 new cosmetic items to wear! All are available in the daily shop. View some of them below!
- Increased compression quality of various audio for the Windows build, resulting in higher quality audio and bigger file size.
- Decreased compression quality of various audio for the browser build, resulting in lower quality audio and smaller file size. The reason for doing this is to allow a faster startup time.
- Replaced the main menu background with a more optimized file as it was way too big..
- Fixed an issue where new cosmetics wouldn't load properly
- Replaced placeholder health powerup image with a new one
Seriously... thank you for everything!