This week there have been some fairly major changes made under the hood, namely our super buff and shiny A.I. manager. But what does that mean for you, our lovely players.
It means enemies that are more organised more responsive and have the ability to become sentient and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!...oooook so we may have made the last bit up but the rest of it is nothing but the truth. We’ve also added another spiffing defence turret, which casts out a stun beam to subdue those pesky bugs. It really is rather bosh lasers and gentle beams (pun very much intended)
- Added Laser Turret - A new defense structure which fires a bolt of energy at its target, pushing it back and stunning it, allowing you or other defenses to finish it off.
- New AI spawning system - Amounts of AI sent to your base are now limited per night, and are more consistent in their spawn pattern - meaning you will not get overwhelmed if there are high amounts of hives nearby. The difficulty should still increase each night while keeping the flexibility of reducing the amount of AI that attack by destroying hives. Please let us know if you have any feedback!
- Added confirmation pop-up on selecting Exit Game from the Pause Menu.
- Removed Eden Kit Shield Entered and Exited messages (The Toxicity Meter displays your shielded status).
- Increased the number Foundations you begin with in Normal mode to 15.
We've also made a bunch of new bug fixes to add further stability to the game. The full change list can be viewed here. As ever you can also view our known issues on the super awesome, super public, public Trello board. To keep everyone on point with what we have lined up for future updates, the team is working tirelessly towards adding the much needed variety that we have designed for the world.
This includes adding neutral fauna creatures and new biome areas to the Island. Without further hesitation we’ll leave you with a few preview images of what is in store in the coming months (Everything you see here is a work in progress and may be subject to change)
- Team Flix