Firstly, we can’t thank you enough for all your valuable feedback following our humongous previous update.
Regarding balancing and other issues, we've been hard at work doing some much needed tweaking for this hotfix which you can play right now when steam updates your copy.
We recognised that everything was a bit of a grind previously! So most notably in this update you’ll see that upgrades and items now have a substantially reduced cost.
Turrets are now a lot more effective and look more powerful. This should make a big difference to the way the game plays. For the first few nights bases with turrets can defend themselves with no player intervention (if set up correctly)
A lot of stability issues and A.I. bugs have been addressed also.
Our first walk through guide has been added as well with this hotfix so please check this out if there’s something you don’t understand, or if you’re new to the game. This will be updated on a regular basis as the new features roll in.
Note: Due to our small team size and being fluent only in the tongue of the Queens English, we actively encourage community translations of our guide.
Full change list is as follows -
- Optimised Enemy rendering by adding Level Of Detail models to Splintermites and IKAs.
- Improved Turret firing PFX and animations.
- Fog visuals now change with the Day and Night cycle.
- Made several optimisations and improvements to the foliage shader.
- Improved blending and animations for Crouch and Jump.
- Improved Vertical Wall Run animation.
- Optimised various enemy-related PFX.
- Added extra checks so that Splintermites will attack structures if they can.
- Improved visuals of grass by removing harsh self shadowing.
- Reduced the amount of time a Turret will try to target something before giving up.
- Quick Start and Normal have been re-named to Normal and Hardcore respectively.
- Renamed some of the Upgrades.
- Performance Optimisations to Enemy Targetting Reticles and Arrows.
- Prevented the ability to build the Eden Kit inside geometry (e.g. on steep slopes).
- All upgrade costs have been re-balanced and most early-game upgrades have been made cheaper. Please let us know if you have any feedback!
- Increased Turret turn speed.
- Increased Turret damage per shot from 8 to 15.
- Reduced cost of Regen Module.
- Reduced cost of all Primitive items. In addition, Foundations now only require one Protonite.
- Reduced cost of building an Eden Kit - this also results in your Eden Kit being cheaper to repair using the Regeneration module.
- Re-balanced the cost of Defence structures.
- Increased the default range of Kinetic Blast.
- Increased default damage dealt by Kinetic Laser.
- Decreased cost per second of the Kinetic Laser.
- Increased amount of damage dealt by Smash.
- Increased the health of the hives slightly at their base level.
- Increased the amount of Splintermites that wake when approaching a hive from 2 to 3 at the base level.
- Lowered Splintermites melee damage.
- Increase the amount of time it takes for Hives to level up. This should now result in fewer enemies appearing during the first days of gameplay.
- Decreased the minimum and maximum amounts of hives active in the world at any given time.
- Fixed a crash to do with respawning at the Eden Kit.
- Fixed a crash with the Ika pathing routine.
- Fix for not being able to respawn because eden kit respawn area is inside other geometry (respawn timer goes into negative numbers and decreases forever).
- Fixed parts of the world where Splintermites were randomly disappearing.
- Fixed Splintermites sometimes getting stuck underground.
- Fixed an instance where Splintermites wouldn’t attack you.
- Fixed an issue with Ikas falling sluggishly through the air.
- Fixed an issue causing offscreen enemy target markers to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to build structures inside fallen Eden Kits which would delete the item and leave the hologram in the world.
- Fixed being able to build your Eden Kit so that the Regeneration Area appears inside meshes/terrain. This should prevent you accidently spawning inside things!
- Fixed a bug causing floating branches/leaves on certain trees.
- An issue where new Hives were never created at night time has been fixed.
- Fixed some areas of the map where structures couldn’t be built.
- Added a fix for some AI not being able to select a new target to attack.
- Fixed Gauss Gun sometimes showing 00/000 ammo.
- Fixed an issue where you could mine and the hand would remain in the idle position.
- Fixed an issue causing flickering holograms.
- Fixed Right Click not cancelling build holograms.
- Fixed an issue causing the build placement animation not to play.
- Fixed being able to go inside ramps, which was causing issues with players/AI getting stuck.
- Fixed missing Material on broken panel pieces.
- Fixed decals casting on First-Person meshes.
- Fixed not being able to Quick Craft things in your your Quick Start inventory.
- Fixed Eden Kit smoke appearing when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed issue with getting stuck inside Turrets when wall-running into them.
- Improved/Fixed Scrollbars within all UI Menus.
- Fixed Player Statistics to show correct Time Played and Days survived and enemies killed.
- Fixed a bug where the Eden Kit Menu wouldn’t show more than 6 Eden Kits at a time.
- Fixed bug where Turrets would not display a name when hovering over them with the reticle.
- Fixed bug where the hand would get in the way of menus on both the Pause Menu screens and the popup Tutorial screens.
- Fixed issue where you could mine while having the Quick Inventory (Middle Mouse Button) Menu open, which would cause the selected inventory item to change.
- Fixed Eden Kit UI popup to properly display how many of the selected item you can withdraw/deposit to and from your Eden Kit Inventory when you don’t have enough space for the amount you did select.
- Fixed a bug where Out Of Energy would not display when the Tool has no energy.
- Fix for camera blending incorrectly during mantling.
- Fixed up mantle animations and blending.
- Adjusted eye height blending when landing.
- Fixed players being able to fall through and get stuck inside Ramp primitives.
- Fixed bug when performing a vertical wall run and hitting a turret and getting stuck.
- Fixed resolution issues when changing resolutions and windowed modes.
- Fixed settings for Mouse X and Y inversion not persisting from main menu through to game.
- Fixed volume settings being too loud initially.
You can view the latest known issues on our Trello board.
- Team Flix