If you couldn't tell by the summary, I might have pressed the fast-forward button on the development of this game...By a lot.
Sorry if I didn't give a download of the newest build, but I started hacking away at this game. One thing led to another, and we all know that when "one thing leads to another" always ends up. So, needless to say that I ended up doing a plenty of revisions to the game.
Safe to say that I believe that I might have jumped the build more than the engine it was built on (when it went from 4.6 to 5). I think I am right now on a .3-.4 number range in the build (possibly .5-.6 by the time I give a new demo)! It includes loads of new features and a plethora of tweaks to make the game-play more like what I had envisioned/designed (which I hope ends up being a fun, yet challenging, experience for you, the player)!
If you want to check out some of my handy-work, head on over to my Waffle.io page and check it out!
But if you're feeling a little lazy, here is a list of some of the features that I've updated/fixed, they include:
- Tweaked the UI, now it will work in 10:9, 10:16, and 780 x 480 screen resolutions
- Out of Bounds now slows ships considerably and strongly degrades the overall engine health
- "Blocker" Ships implemented with varying block speeds
- "Spawner" Ships implemented and instantiates blocks at random positions
- Mid-Scene repairs now carries over from run to run - Repair times now increase depending on the Engine/Shield wear - If Repair times are greater than 30 minutes, the ship's Engine/Shield will be at 75% strength/power for the next run
Along with the other fixes and additions I hope will add to the overall game-play experience to you guys!
I am now currently moving onto tweaking the sound and actually adding a menu system (start and in-game)! Hopefully I can get enough done that I can feel confident enough to jump into finally getting around to the Tutorial map!
I will tie a bow around this build (sans menus) sometime in the upcoming days for another Pre-Alpha release!
As always, please help me get the word out on this game! Spread the word, tell your family and friends! I will keep you guys up to date on any new happenings here, and at the Champion's Flight website, found here: