We've just launched the November update for Flashing Lights! We have introduced a whole range of new sirens, which you can choose to equip your vehicles with! Read on for the full update notes. New sirens have been a much requested feature from the community, so it's an exciting one for us to release.
25% Off in the Steam Autumn Sale
Nominate Flashing Lights in the Steam Awards
The 2020 Steam Awards voting is now open! Flashing Lights is eligible for the Labor of Love Award. Take a look at the award description below and if you would like to nominate Flashing Lights, please do so here!
This game has been out for a while. The team is well past the debut of their creative baby, but being the good parents they are, these devs continue to nurture and support their creation. This game, to this day, is still getting new content after all these years.
Full Update Notes
- New sirens
- Siren controller added (Key 2 to turn on/off when in vehicle)
- Use buttons 3;4;5;6;7;8;9;0 for different sirens, when siren controller is turned on
- Loop sirens with one key (Default X)
- Q siren for fire trucks and large ambulance (default input G or Right Mouse button)
- Siren customization in vehicle menu, you can now change sirens for each slot
- Sirens and Q siren volume setting in Audio Settings Menu
- Auto-off siren option when getting out of car. Can be set in Vehicle Menu
- Sound effect for initializing traffic stop
- Hold down Horn for secondary siren to stop traffic. Works when emergency lights are on
- Input reset to support new siren slot buttons
- Weapon wheel could be activated when in Settings Menus, breaking interaction
- Removed pumpkin road flares D:
- Horn now works while engine is off
- Fixed issue with two mouse cursors in vehicle menu
- Fixed voice chat volume resetting on each game load
We have some exciting updates arriving over the coming months, so keep your eyes peeled!
December: Optimised Map Release Part 1: Small map single player callouts + improved dispatch system based on community feedback
January: Optimised Map Release Part 2: Small map new multiplayer callouts + improved dispatch system based on community feedback
February: Optimised Map Release Part 3: Overhauled traffic AI + traffic will appear on the streets of the new small map.
March: Optimised Map Release Part 4: Fully functional enhanced and optimised new map. This will form the foundation of the ongoing game development.