It's been a long time since I posted to IndieDB, but I'm trying to get caught up now. For starters, here's a showcase video I did on the dragon flight AI.
The dragon can:
- Move smoothly between flight nodes
- Change vertical position according to blended animation curves
- Alter flight in order to steer toward player (done smoothly, and according to the "flexibility" of the flight nodes)
- Use procedural animation to turn head toward player
- Shoot flame when the player is close
In the future, I plan to make the dragon choose "perch points" to land and do different attack moves.Enjoy! :D