Update 20: Unity 5 Upgrade
We now have the game running in Unity 5, allowing improved performance and visuals. Nucleus is now back for COOP play, and we were able to include the Linux version in this update. (We thought it would be delayed earlier if you didn’t know.)
For Update 20, we listened to your feedback about two things people really wanted: Improved performance and fixing Nucleus so to play with your friends in coop. We’ll be continuously listening to you in the forums, social media, and on our Trello page.
The next step we want to do is improve performance even more with Speedtree and boost the graphics even more with physically based shaders, global illumination, linear lighting and deferred rendering 2.0.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your Team at Zero Point Software
ADDED: Updated code base to Unity 5 from Unity 4
ADDED: OSM are now the number 1 clan after winning season 1 of the competitive league
UPDATED: Nucleus map has been fixed, and coop servers are up
UPDATED: Enlisted profile name has been changed to Frontlinter
UPDATED: Hell Week main menu button moved to below multiplayer button
FIXED: "Linux players can join password protected servers"
FIXED: "Dropped backpacks are now properly destroyed between Hell Week games"
FIXED: "Crates from earlier Hell Week games are now properly destroyed between games"
**SPECIAL NOTE** This update contains the upgrade from Unity 4 to Unity 5. We have fixed most of the bugs, and need your help to find any more. Please let us know of any bugs you find via our support email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- The mission overview is currently a place-holder, and will be completed in a later update
- When viewed up-close, some CTR heads may increase in size
- Rag doll physics, and CTR dismemberment on death, need fine tuning
- Water and some vegetation are not affected by fog, which can lead to them looking black from a distance
- When looking down, snow particles may disappear
- Hell Week combat points are currently not recorded in Steam leaderboards
- Some crates may require several attempts to open
- Players may sometimes fall through the floor of a map
- VOIP does not work on coop
- Game may temporarily freeze when players join the server
- Players joining within a few seconds of a Hell Week starting may get an error that they cannot join. This is due to out-of-sync clocks. Please wait a few seconds and rejoin
- Some new achievements and TP rewards may not work. We're investigating
- The HUD names and kill messages will be clipped on aspect ratios that are less wide than 16:10
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows. If you are on a moving elevator or platform, this will cause you to fall through it
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- When joining an in-progress The NeuroGen Incident game, additional waypoints may be visible
- Player may sometimes spawn with no ammo in one or both weapons. Reloading fixes this
Posted Fri, July 24, 2015 @10:34 PM AWSTTypeS