Update 18: Multiplayer Madness
For this Update we're taking multiplayer up a notch by re-introducing three multiplayer game modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and one of our favourite modes - Team Domination!
Released: 22nd April, 2015
ADDED: Team Domination, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes to all multiplayer maps
ADDED: Admins can now change multiplayer mode from within the game
ADDED: Server browser can now filter by region, game mode and server type
ADDED: Sprint strafe
ADDED: Crouch sliding
ADDED: Sprint jump weapon animations
ADDED: Sounds are muffled when AI SARA speaks
ADDED: Additional AI SARA speaks to The NeuroGen Incident
ADDED: Steam achievements from Update 17 to in-game Profile tab
ADDED: Option to turn off auto-refresh for server browser and refresh using a manual button
ADDED: Check added to ensure TPs are not lost during a match
ADDED: Breath on inside of helmet visor when exhausted and HUD is offline
ADDED: Flashlight and laser are now toggleable per weapon
ADDED: New Spearhead bonus content, including 78 new images, audio logs and OTTO speaks from The NeuroGen Incident, and additional items
UPDATED: Mainline now compatible with Team Domination and Deadlock
UPDATED: Mainline Winter now compatible with Team Domination and Deadlock
UPDATED: Dynacore now compatible with Team Domination, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch
UPDATED: Sprint sliding toned down
UPDATED: Walk and run speeds now affected when exhausted
UPDATED: Jump height when exhausted adjusted to always allow jumping onto a railing
UPDATED: Sprint acceleration increased
UPDATED: Keep arms in correct position when sprinting up/down stairs
UPDATED: Head bobbing
UPDATED: Overall tweaks to Accuracy, Sprint and Stamina
UPDATED: Updated SMG, Assault Rifle and suppressor textures
UPDATED: Server sorting defaults to sorting by the number of players per server
UPDATED: Join button colour in the server browser has been changed for clarity
- When revived, player may be put into spectator mode. Killing and reviving the affected player corrects this.
- Some new achievements and TP rewards may not work. We're investigating
- The HUD names and kill messages will be clipped on aspect ratios that are less wide than 16:10
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows (known bug in Unity 4)
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- Potential to fall through elevator when moving
- When joining an in-progress The NeuroGen Incident game, additional waypoints may be visible
- Player may sometimes spawn with no ammo in one or both weapons. Reloading fixes this
- There may be an intermittent bug in Team Domination where one team always seems to have a player in the zone
FIXED: "TPs should no longer be lost"
FIXED: "Keycard in crew quarters in NGI sometimes not appearing"
FIXED: "NGI servers crashing due to excessive logging"
FIXED: "Possible fix to Starcrown servers crashing excessively"
FIXED: "Weapon accuracy / recoil error (many thanks to Guilty for his work on this)"
FIXED: "No longer a 15 second wait to spawn in Playground maps"
FIXED: "Falling through hatch in crashed Megalodon on tutorial level"
FIXED: "Falling through hatch in Megalodon in the Megalodon level in the playground"
FIXED: "Being pushed through elevator floor at the start of the tutorial mission"
FIXED: "Missing glass panes in several locations in the tutorial mission"
FIXED: "Removed access to the separate training areas in the tutorial level"
FIXED: "Location of several occluders in the tutorial level"
FIXED: "Adjusted bounding box in tutorial level"
FIXED: "Boxes near start of tutorial level so players do not get stuck in them"
FIXED: "Spot in Starcrown where a player could exit the map"
FIXED: "Spot in the Mainline maps where a player could exit the map"
FIXED: "Patrol route on top of Mainline coop spawn building to ensure that CTR does not hide at the back where it cannot be shot"
FIXED: "Elimination challenges now rewarding TPs"
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software