This week we added one of our most requested features: new player ships! Unlock three new ship types, each with its own distinct playstyle, upgrade them, and find an equipment loadout that maximizes their potential. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
- Gladiator Battleship – slower but heavily armored.
- Viper Destroyer – faster and agile but low shields.
- Tamarin Freighter – extra drone and tons of cargo space but not a warship.
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Auto-repair – all city buildings, outposts, and defense fleets will automatically repair after being damaged if there are no hostiles around. No more tedious micro-management required.
- The frequency of random events now increases the more human players are in a game.
- Upgrading hangars now gives an additional 2 command limit instead of 1.
- World Generation - rebalanced parameters to more accurately reflect the difficulty rating.
- World Generation - put a cap on the number of AI players for higher starting income settings so there is always empty space for a player to establish a city.
- World Generation – fixed an issue that could cause the AI starting income to vary wildly when choosing few AI players.
- Re-wrote Tekla and Exeter building descriptions to more closely match their in-game role.
- Added a ‘100’ unit button to the market menu.
- Can now see garrison fleet numbers for cities in information panels.
- New victory banners when a city wins the game. Added a new banner when the player loses the game.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI city fleets to move twice as fast as the player.
- Fixed a bug where destroyed ships occasionally didn’t have salvage.
- Fixed a bug that caused asteroids to disappear when in sectors near the edge of the map or near the star.
- Fixed a bug that caused new AI cities to occasionally spawn in sectors with planetoids or planets.
- Fixed a bug where the faction icon on ships sometimes didn’t show up once a ship was damaged.