We have removed the forced-surrender feature of the game; AI cities will no longer be able to surrender without your permission. However, if you refuse a surrender and you have 100% war score, you will take reputation penalties from the other cities for being such a warmonger. Let us know what you think of the new balance.
We’ve also significantly increased the damage output of city turrets because they were tickling ships a little too softly.
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- AI cities will now always ask permission before surrendering, but if you refuse when you are at 100% war score, you take a -20 reputation penalty with all other cities. This penalty stacks so beware!
- AI cities will no longer become your rival if they are currently allied with you.
- City turret DPS has increased by 200%.
- Shield generator shield strength increased by 40%.
- Ships on the map (the little triangles) no longer show an information panel (“A starship”), so they no longer block information panels for other events below them.