Check out our exclusive new video in HD:
Umbra aims to deliver many features that will differ from the classic games of the genre:
- Open World : Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed accordingly to your play style!
- Free character development - No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage, Stamina and Mana, and they all interact with each other in order to balance gameplay.
- Apocalyptic Form: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warrior may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava and heal from fire. Even wings and horns might appear on your character depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Semi procedural Weaponry: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Umbra
- Tons of Destructible environments: From small walls to complete parts of an area. We hope you enjoy it!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Mature story full of secret to discover exploring the world
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scene including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature, creating never seen before gameplay situation!
- Dungeon challenge (Stretch goal): Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other player to survive the onslaught!
- Multiplayer mode (stretch goal): Multiplayer is an ambitious goal we would love to achieve, but it must be done correctly. We plan to have different interesting stretch goal for you that will allow us to build the foundation of the multiplayer. In the best case scenario, we would like to have the following mods: Dungeon Challenge (see above), Co-Op mode, and Competitive Plaver vs Player vs AI.
A Different Hack & Slash
The scenario is an important part in Umbra, because understanding it will allow you to unlock secret areas with massive rewards. For example, helping an NPC who got lost in a hostile area may grant you with precious information about the game’s story, and this may lead you to a hidden place full of treasure. If you just want to kill monsters you don’t have to worry because you can focus on that. But Umbra will become even more interesting if you embrace the game’s story!
Quality of action, loot and personalization are keys for a good Hack & Slash game. By mixing these three elements, we designed the Apocalyptic Form feature, that will allow you to hand pick “mutations” for your character, such as wings or horns, and create a powerful war form for your character, affecting both your look and play style.
We are mixing the freedom of Skyrim, the action style of Diablo 3, the ambience of Diablo 1, the graphical power of Crysis, and adding our very own features on top of all that to come up with a unique and powerful gameplay!
The corrupted Human Republic is falling apart: Starvation and disease are ravaging mankind, leading to violent riot everywhere.
In order to maintain their grasp on the population, the Republic is using vicious tactics, poisoning the population to weaken it and removing all children from their parents to better mold their mind. Newborn babies are rare, and few are born healthy.
An unknown curse has made men lose their memory, provoking a limbo that has eaten their own history and technological knowledge.
Rumors say that the leaders of the Republic signed pacts with occult entities, and monstrously mutated humans are appearing in the wild, leading raids against cities and villages.
Food becomes rare, leading to an extreme measure. In the name of survival, the Republic declared that anyone over the age of 50 should be killed. The same rule applies to anyone presenting mutation.
You are a former officer of the Republic who developed magical powers. You tried to hide it, but your hierarchy found out. Instead of directly killing you, they tried to capture you and lead experiment on your body.
You managed to escape and take refuge in the wild. There, you were attacked by a large pack of the monstrous creature. Outnumbered, you were about to fail when the mysterious order of the Templars saved you.