It's been four days (three oficially, but really four if you take in account the current time of the day) since we published our greenlight campaign for Trials of Azra. I'll tell you a bit about how it's going, but first let's take a look at what's new on the DEMO VERSION 1.0.1.
- Fixed a bug that didn't allow the player to pick up the first spell of the game under specific circumstances.
This one was by far the most challenging bug to solve. We ended up trying to gather up output logs for the users that reported the bug, until we hit the one that shown the error. Here's an image of how it looked.
- Fixed a bug with the spikes platform that allowed a rat to be alive while touching the spikes.
Easy fix on this one, it had something to do with the size of the damage trigger.
- Fixed a bug where the Yeti could be damaged before the entrance scene.
No screenshot for this one, but that's better, because I don't wanna spoil anything! (Am I already doing so by telling there's a Yeti somewhere?)
- Fixed a bug where the Attack tutorial at the intro scene was not disappearing after meeting the conditions.
- Fixed a bug where the interaction with the door at the intro scene was still possible after the wind pushes Sam back.
- Fixed a bug that made the frisbee get stuck when colliding with the bottom part of the house wall at the intro.
Also an easy fix, here's the screenshot of the bug report (the players that sent us screenshots were really useful, we won't forget!)
- Fixed a bug that under certain circumstances made possible to hurt the Imp with Sam's magic attacks.
- Fixed a bug with the Imp's fireball that made it's sprite appear inverted.
- Fixed a text error on the dialog before picking up the first spell.
- Added a 'Resume' option to the pause menu.
We added this button because many players were restarting the level (that was the previous first option on the pause menu) without wanting it. Now the first option is 'resume', harmless.
- Added excecutable file permissions to Linux excecutables and a launcher shell script to prevent various platform-specific issues.
- Changed permissions to OSX excecutables to fix some launching errors.
- [Hotfix] Now the game starts on windowed mode and then changes to full screen (as long as it's set like that on Settings). This change was applied to prevent problems with the resolution set at startup on Lion versions of OSX. This is not a definitive solution and may not completly fix some excecution errors.
That's all there is to know about the patch, please download the demo and try it for yourself!
Next matter, the Greenlight campaign, that we feel it's going well.
For our first title on greenlight, we are happy we reached almost 500 'yes' votes on the first three days!
Most of the votes are coming from steam itself, but in a close second place, the social platforms such as facebook, twitter and reddit are harvesting a lot too! (A bit sad to tell you that only 5 votes came from IndieDB users, according to our analytics).
We still have a long way to go, though. The best thing that could happen now is getting featured by a good gaming page. Hoping this article will bring a bit of attention, too.
Finally, we're excited about tomorrow, because there's a convention at our city, the Geek Out Fest 2.0. And we'll be attending with our demo and some printed 'vote for us!" tokens. Also printing some stuff like this one, just for decorating our stand.
That's all, folks. See you in our next article!