Trading Cards Live, Bots Remember Item Placement, House In Town Under Construction And More!
Ladies and gentleman, today's update includes a variety of adjustments and refinements that will be sure to whet the appetite of any aspiring shop keeper.
The gobliness engineer has once again began dissecting the Helper bots brains and has given them a new trait, memory… You can now program bots to tell them exactly what item to stock on each area. To do this, you need to hold the shift key when looking at a shelf, this should tell you what item has been imprinted. Holding shift and then left clicking while holding a particular item will then imprint that item on the shelf, meaning if you imprint an engineering book, the helper bot will only ever place an engineering book in that space. In order to turn on imprint mode, press F on the helper bot and select the star at the bottom of the window next to the text imprint mode. If imprint mode is turned off, your bots will place items randomly wherever there is space.
The image above is a bit tricky to see, but if you hold left shift while looking at an empty shelf and holding an item, all will become clear!
As a note, when using an older save file, bots might be outdated, so they will need a software update which requires you to either remove them from their dock or removing the dock itself which will automatically put a bot in your inventory together with all the items that particular bot dock had.
Like statistics? Well, we’ve added a pedestal in the back room that can be used to check more detailed statistics for your shop, this includes details like the current items on display in your shop, as well as details on what items you have sold and your expenses. This will be a valuable window for those who want to make sure that their Shoppe is running as economically efficient as possible.
Some old save files will not have working statistics. So we recommend that once a save is loaded, you go into the delete statistics button in the UI. This will refresh the statistics. If you want to start a new round of statistics you can do that with delete. But have no far, the numbers are being saved into a save file and soon you will be able to load up and check out old/archived/discarded statistic runs
Pants disappearing? Well, worry not, that’s been fixed. Do I need to say any more than that or provide further context? No, let’s leave it at that. Check the screenshot below:
The Garden area has had a tiny bit of renovation as the Shoppe Keeper as installed a work in progress river. Note that drinking from the river may cause a selection of side effects including but not limited to:
“Drowsiness, stomach pains, blurred vision, foul breath, dizziness, sensitive armpits, exaggerated hand movements, back pain, a strong urge to rap, nausea, boils, heightened attraction to barbarians and a skin rash in the shape of a koala building an outhouse.”
The Crafting menu has had a rework too, once you discover a recipe the cauldron will now remember the recipe, so all you need to do now is provide the cauldron with the key objects and then with a click of a button, that item will be crafted!
In our last blog post we mentioned some statistical details regarding how many items were sold in a small space of time. This data only shared what items were sold and does not record any details on Steam ID, IP, location or any names. It only tracks items sold. We had some players who were concerned with this and so we have added an opt in option in the main menu. If you click to opt in, your items sold stats will be shared. The reason that this was created was to test a possible feature that would be shaped by online players, perhaps working towards an online global economy and demand system. But that is a discussion for another day!
Some more work has been done on the champion, if you provide the champion with either a health potion or a mana potion they will now be given additional buffs! A champion will use the health potion once their HP reaches 20% to regain some health. While a Mana potion works where if damage he is dealing is less than 50% of his maximum damage, then the damage output will be maxed for the next hit.
Please note that if the champion is not in a situation that requires them to use a potion, all potions at the end of the adventure will be discarded. Potions must be treated as a temporary buff for a single adventure.
And as we continue to update, a building in town has decided to undergo some construction. What will open here? Well, who knows! But stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks
If you come across any Bugs or issues, do let us know in the forums! If we spot anything particularly nasty, we’ll aim to hotfix it as fast as possible!
Additionally, alongside this update trading cards are now live! Along with the various profile backgrounds, badges and emoticons!
We’d also like to take this opportunity to say that the game has just had over 1,000 reviews and we are still at 86% positive. We think this is amazing and are very pleased that we’ve made 860 players share a positive review on Steam. As for the 140 other people, we hope that as we evolve the game we can turn those thumbs down into a thumbs up! Of course, if you’ve yet to leave a review and would like to recommend the game to others, a short thumbs up review helps new people find out and even experience the game too. Thank you!
- Fixed disappearing pants
- Customer sticking issues worked on
- Bot margin starts at 110% on a new placed bot
- Fixed Placement fx lingering after last item is placed
- For the time being items crafted in the cauldron drop inside your inventory
- New Customer UI
- Possibility to check customer equipment
- kPoint skill point buying saves shop preventing exploit
- Any physics items on the floor or being spawned are ignored by customers so will not be knocked around or even pushed in walls or under the ground
- When replacing items that the champion already had the old one will be placed in the players inventory
- Roof specialist was called to plug holes in the roof so the rain wont come in
- WIP River added in the garden
- Additional 2 planters added
- Customers will offer a single item that they "looted", better geared customers will offer better items (Looted items are items that you as the shopkeeper can not order but gain in other ways such as the champion, trash cans, rogue chests and such)
- The champion adventures each have a champion level treshold, meaning that if the champion is equal or higher level than the treshold that adventure will take just 1 Minute instead of the default 5 Minutes.
- The champion now receives health potions and mana potions as additional buffs, all potions are used up after an adventure if they are or are not used.
- A single health potion will be used by the champion once his health reaches 20% to regain some lost health
- A single mana potion will be used by the champion if damage he is dealing is less than 50% of his maximum damage, then the damage output will be maxed for the next hit.
- Increased colliders for item placement on objects
- Adjusted customer feet
- OSX Mouse lock fixes
- Anti Aliasing gives a bigger impact
- Bots listen to orders if they flew away and the panel did not close yet
- Changing champion name, saves the shop
- A bunch of statistics added that can be reached in the back room via the rotating order scroll. (Might have issues with old saves, so everyone is advised to load up their save, check if anything is missing in the shop or inventory, then go to the scroll, and press Delete Info on the summary scroll, then save the game, this will refresh your save file with the new required information)
- Players can now see what kind of items and their amount is on display around the shop, how many of each furniture they have built, a detail Expense and Income statistic tracking and much more.
- New Grinder blades
- Items that fall under the ground for whatever reason be it bugs or glitches will be destroyed as not to cause issues to Helper Bot's who are trying to retrieve said item
- Under construction building being built for future updates
- Dirt collision updated
- Shop ground collider adjusted
- Putting in items into the cauldron without opening the UI has been removed
- Grinder storage increased from 20 to 40 for all materials
- New Crafting UI, Easier to use UI for figuring out recipes, once a recipe is found it will be unlocked for your shopkeeper in all save files, given that you have the required materials, crafting will require pressing a single button on an unlocked recipe and the item goes straight into the players inventory
- Main menu has an option to Opt in to let us gather how many items were sold, no personal information is recorded, just each sale of an item.
- Bot Panel now has a toggle on the bottom of the UI to toggle on/off bots imprint mode.
- When having an item in your hands target a display and holding left shift press left mouse button to place that item, once placed it will imprint itself into that exact spot, bots on restock mode and imprint toggled on, will search for spaces that have their inventory items imprinted, bringing organisation to your shop.
- Hold Left Shift while holding an item that can be placed in a display spot to see if anything is imprinted into that spot
- Floor mat degradation lowered
- Floor mats clean feet once per customer, increasing their durability
- Started making new Dirt Textures (WIP)
- Dirt accumulation rate modified
- Groundwork done for rebindable keys and controller support (Please report if any buttons or axis that worked previously is no longer functioning, something might have been forgotten)
- Destroying a bot dock now gives back the bot to you
- New Left/Right mouse button images
- New customer UI menu - allows players to buy items from customers
Hi everyone, we have had a lot of things added in this update and I left something out! When you talk to customers now, you can check thier current inventory, you may be able to find yourself a bargain and purchase an item directly from the customer.