This video shows some new game play clips with some of the new features available in the latest alpha build of Lone Wolf.
The newest alpha build 0.4.5 is ready for download! Log in to your Play-Em account and download the latest version!
The following changes were made:
• Stealing and Trading between characters! To steal from an NPC you must be hidden from sight in a shadowed area, while sneaking (holding down Block), press grab to enter the menu. Navigate the menu by using the mouse or pressing Select to go through the menu items and press Switch to change between Items to Trade and Items to Receive. While a trade slot is selected, press Punch to add 1 item to the slot, or press Jump to add all of the quantity to the slot. Pressing Kick will reduce it by one, and pressing Grab will empty the slot. When ready to trade, click on the Trade button or press Select until Trade is highlighted in yellow, then press Punch, the same applies for canceling a trade. You cannot be hurt or move while trading or stealing.
• Trade between player characters by holding Block and pressing Select. You can switch between characters by pressing Inventory.
• Stealthy AI and Hiding now works (still a bit buggy, but workable enough to use).
• Fixed a minor bug related to mouse input and multiple players.
• Fixed up some minor bugs related to AI and pathfinding, should be a bit smoother now.
• Fixed a minor bug related to dropping weapons and not resetting the weapon properly.
• Updated manual to include trading and stealing.
Finally got stealing and trading implemented, you can now try to steal from an enemy character or trade with an NPC via dialogue. Now is is also much easier to manage inventories between players so you do not have to drop an item on the ground and have the other player pick it up. I tried to make navigating and using the Trade Menu as easy and straight forward as possible, hopefully this will alleviate inventory management a bit. I wanted to make trading, stealing, and sharing items use as little restrictive menus as possible, I'm really not a big fan of pushing the player into menus while other players have to wait around, so other players can still move about and interact with other characters and the environment while a trade/steal is happening.
I've been at E3 the past few days, it's really fun to see a lot of new game and technology coming out this year and next. It'll be interesting to see when Lone Wolf Episode 1 finishes up and what it's role will be at a future E3, hopefully the Indie scene will be a bigger force to get noticed more amongst all the big companies pushing their products to the press and other developers in the industry. I will do some more clean up of AI routines for the next build as well as add some more skill building via trading and dialogue. I will try to add more mini quests throughout the level that involve more story integration and involve the new trading system. I'll also finish up the lighting and day/night to give the level a bit more polish, after that will be weather and a push to finish up tightening up the play areas of the level and polishing up art assets. To play the game now, pre-order or donate at Lonewolfgame.com or at Play-em.com, hope you enjoy the new systems in play in the game, please let me know if you find any bugs or experience any issues worth mentioning! Enjoy!