Total Decay has been in solo development since 16th July 2012, and it wasn't until 20th March 2013 that I actually had a few team members join the team. There were some bumps along the way, but things were generally looking good. Our Kickstarter launched in April 2013, but was an overwhelming failure (largely part to our trailer, which had to be made hastily in order to make the deadline), only reaching 10% of our total goal. This meant that we could not hire programmers to actually script the game, even though everything else was done (music, art, GUI, sound, models, etc). Eventually, we did meet two Vietnamese programmers who were gracious enough to work for free, however they are software programmers and unable to tackle the challenges of programming a game, since the differences are vast. Because of this, we missed our May Alpha, June Beta, and eventually 15th July 2013 final release. The game is now largely un-programmed, with only around 30% of the programming completed. Because of the slow progress, and likely low quality due to the programmer's lack of game development experience, Total Decay will likely be cancelled within the next week.
Apart from that, we have started early concepts for a new game, and we are planning on being a lot more organised this time around. Stay tuned for details.