Since the last update on Torgar's Quest, the game balance has changed and evolved, new stats and features have been introduced. It has matured a lot compared to the last public alpha build (which you can still download).
Finally, Torgar's Quest is about to start closed beta testing! And on that note - Testers Wanted! If you want to help test the game, send a note to email@example.com.
Since the last alpha, here are some of the major changes.
- New stat for critical hits, increasing your chance of dealing bonus damage.
- New stat for luck, increases gold found and spawn rates for treasure and crystals.
- Special abilities and attacks. Choose 1 of 2 presented at levels 2, 5 and 7.
- Gear spawns less often, making it harder to get all upgrades.
- Crystal spawn is no longer completely random. Chance grows if you don't find any.
- New artwork in the menus, on story screens and when reading lore books.
- The game now supports localization and let's you select language.
- As you progress, more elites and rare enemies will appear.
- Level cap: Torgar can reach as high as level 10 before capping.
- New leaderboards.
Not listed are the countless bugs fixed (and created), and the endless balance adjustments that are still being worked on, and a few other surprises.
Since midway through alpha, Torgar's Quest has been publicly available for download, but entering the beta phase, I chose to start with a closed beta. I did that, because it is easier to structure and build on the feedback this way, and because I wanted to have a lot of new content to show, the next time Torgar appears in public.