There Was A Dream leaves early access
After over 3 long years of development, There Was A Dream is leaving Early Access. Just two people started creating this world in 2017, releasing it for testing initially on Itch and following a successful fundraising campaign, here on Steam in September 2020 in Early Access.
About us and our game
Keydare Project is a team of two people who created a living and coherent world, with dubbed cutscenes and thousands of localized lines of dialogue, with a quality main story that takes 4 to 5 hours to complete (excluding secondary activities), which raises the average compared to indie games that don't rely on a publisher. We have always given our best and we have always kept the game constantly updated, since the publication on Itch, and we will continue on this path.
Please do not compare the game with other completed games. Compare the game with the features when we entered Early Access with the current ones. With the amount of new content added and the refinement / consolidation of current mechanics, we feel we should leave Early Access.
Compared to the publication in early access we have added:
- A world that turns from dream to nightmare and vice versa in front of your eyes depending on how you behave. From bright and cheerful to gloomy and engulfed in flames.
- From 4 to 5 hours of gameplay just to enjoy the main story, excluding the vast world of missions and side activities, which will lead you to explore your dream and that of another girl trapped in hers.
- Two different world to explore: two unique dreams reachable by boarding the flying train.
- A complete and fun quest system, where each mission offers ever-changing gameplay that include deliveries, investigations, rescues, combat, exploration and even animal control and helicopter assaults.
- The side missions, scattered around the game world, have increased in quantity and variety.
- Side activities like fishing and hunting are now interactive, fun, and always reward you with experience points and items.
- We have increased the drivable vehicles which now range from flying cars, scooters, boats and skateboards.
- Your horse, which can be trained to increase its stamina, has thousands of combinations to create a unique aesthetic appearance.
- Shops have increased and you can buy and sell items, change your outfit and hair color.
- The localization have improved, listening to your advice and now the game is localized in Italian, English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Chinese.
- We've stabilized the game and made it leaner, although some parts still need further optimization.
What happens now?
We will continue to support the game, increase its content and write an ending worthy of the world we created. We will conclude the main story to open the door to further expansions. Play There Was A Dream and get lost in its world. It is an indie game made with love.