The Yawhg is a one- to four-player choose-your-own-adventure game that randomizes a unique story every time you play. The evil Yawhg is returning. How will the town’s locals lead their lives in the meanwhile, and what will they do when the dreaded Yawhg finally arrives? The fate of a community hinges on the characters’ actions, and the decisions of their players.
- Stories which can be played alone, or with friends.
- A fully fleshed-out world, where actions can have dire consequences.
- A randomly generated story that's different every time you play.
- Gorgeous artwork by the award-winning Emily Carroll.
- Over 50 unique endings that can happen to every character.
- A haunting soundtrack by Ryan Roth, sound designer for Starseed Pilgrim.
- A sense of impending doom.
Here's what some folks have been saying:
"Not only is The Yawhg a unique experience in self-directed storytelling, it’s a visual and audio tour de force."
— Jim Squires, Gamezebo
"One of the best-written games I've played this year"
— Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
"I really enjoyed The Yawhg because it combines the story and the gameplay in a way that most visual novels simply don’t."
— Anthony Burch, Borderlands 2
"The Yawhg is a gorgeous adventure that's likely to amuse and move you in equal measure."
— Javy Gwaltney, CultureMass
"The real joy [in the Yawhg] comes from multiple experiences, and seeing the variety it has to offer. This is, of course, aided by the game being utterly charming on most every front."
— Eric Mack, Gorilla Film Magazine
"[The Yawhg is] without question the most interesting narrative game I’ve played in the last year."
— Christine Love, Analogue: A Hate Story