The game is around 70% complete at the moment, I'm just at that annoying last 30%. Polishing, balancing, fixing performance problems and starting to decide how I'm gonna' distribute this figging game! Here is what's left in my current project plan:
- Finish off Look / Inspect mode. There should be a button that the player can tap to go in to look mode. Item / Monster descriptions should be shown to the player if they tap on something while in look mode.
- Random item generation. Rather than have a load of "hard coded" items, the game should randomly generate items using a list of magical properties, base item types and the current level of the dungeon.
- More enemies and floors. I have art for lots more floors and monsters. This task is not really useful in my project plan as I cant really put a time estimate on it... I don't even know how many floors should be in the game! That said, its really easy to add new content now that the core game mechanics are all done.
- Story, intro screen, outro screen.
- Local & web based high scores. I'll probably use scoreoid for this.
- Source sound effects and add them to the game
- Package the game for Andoird & iOS. This will be followed by lots and lots of testing!