I haven't been able to do much work on this project during past month, so progress on the user created level sharing functionality has been very slow. Fortunately I have created some new levels and completed some smaller tasks from my to do -list. Since it has already been quite a long time since the last release and the level sharing won't be ready anytime soon, I decided to release what I have done so far.
What's new in 0.8.0?
These are the changes since 0.7.0 alpha release:
- Added two more single player levels.
- Added one more multiplayer level.
- Added support for checkpoints in levels.
- Added checkpoints to existing levels.
- Adjusted grid snap positions on light poles and containers for easier placement in editor.
- Player now dies instantly if falling outside level.
- Apply movement and rotation limits properly while dragging level elements in editor.
- Changed port number fields in menu to text fields accepting only numbers for easier editing.
- Made corpses less shiny and adjusted the texture for more consistent look.
And here are screen shots from the new single player levels: