The plan for the new release
Hey all! Like I said last week, I'm currently busy with the last things that need to be done for the next release. Glux is now fully implemented, and the game is more or less playable. I'm currently playing through the game from beginning to end - insofar there is an end, of course - by trying to get most of the achievements to see if the game is really playable. This has revealed a number of things:
- I broke fishing completely; showing the fishing line made things crash, as well as showing the randomly generated fish. I hope to be able to repair fishing today.
- Creating stuff from blueprints makes the inventory do something weird: I'm still not sure what and why this happens. I've already narrowed it down to a piece of codes which checks whether the newly created item will fit, so I expect to solve the problem soon.
- And finally, with all new graphical stuff turned on, the game turns out to run a bit slower than before. This is probably due to the inefficcient way I'm showing stuff, but I decided to postpone optimizations for next release.
Once I can get all achievements with the game behaving acceptably (I hope this weekend), a prerelease will go to Afterlategaming and Deadpepper5, who wanted to make release trailers showing the new stuff, and then, the new invites will come! Hurray!
The plan after the new release
Now the more 'basic stuff' is finally done (except maybe for those optimizations I talked about), the next few updates are finally going to consist of some smaller but much more exciting features. Expect things like:
- A day-night cycle. This one's going to be purely aesthetic for now, but will have a true function later, when there will be night and day animals.
- Lanterns, to light up the darkness and make things look pretty.
- Animations, for for example the fires.
- Carts, to move heavier stuff.
- Much more!
I can't wait to start with this stuff!