Yotunz!The eighth Early Access update is here to give you more options for fighting Mutantz enemies! The update introduces a new symbiont, NPC, new gameplay mechanics, and more. And beware when you’re exploring the depths of Durnar—two new enemies will be attacking from the shadows!
Check out the full changelog below.
New Mutation: Elemental Chains
Too many creeps around you? This mutation will allow you to hit two or even more BUGZ with one stone. After applying this debuff to a group of enemies, you can deal damage to all of them while only having to attack one! Part of the damage dealt to your enemies will be Elemental Damage, depending on the type of the Elemental Chains.
New Symbiont: Claw Driver (Strength)
Smash your enemies before they smash you. Claw Driver is a close-range weapon perfect for dealing blows like you mean it. Roll and dash around the enemy and find the perfect place to strike that will hurt your enemy the most.
"I tell you, if Yotunz stop gathering Veri, the very stones will cry out." - Shaman Vordagg
New NPC: Pet Master
Franky (the Pet Master) is a result of a failed experiment of Gobbok's. He was rejected by his master for not being aggressive enough and found a new home among the Trollz. He breeds and trains useful critters. Located on the 3rd floor of the Village, Franky will allow you to spend your Veri to unlock pet companions that will assist you in combat.
Pet Master Upgrades:
- Fire Pet - unlocks a new pet, Ember
- Ice Pet - unlocks a new pet, Chiller
- Shock Pet - unlocks a new pet, Sparky
- Bio Pet - unlocks a new pet, Fartey
- Dark Pet - unlocks a new pet, Darky
New Gameplay Mechanic: Veri Deposit
Veri Deposits are devices that allow you to deposit all the Veri you are currently carrying. Keep in mind that nothing comes without a price—you will have to pay a 50% commission on your stored Veri to the Stranger to deposit it in the village.
New Enemy: Smasher
Jump away or you won't even know what hit you. Thankfully, Smasher can only deal close-ranged attacks. If you're quick enough, Smasher will be the one not knowing what hit them instead.
New Enemy: Bulktong
Don't underestimate the Bulktong. They may look funny, but there’s nothing fun about getting hit by their close- or long-ranged attacks. Yes, Bulktong can do both!
- New Mutation: Elemental Chains
- New Symbiont: Claw Driver
- New Probe: scans surroundings and escapes from the player. Probe can be destroyed to earn some rewards.
- New enemies: Smasher and Bulktong
- New NPC: Pet Master
- New Gameplay Mechanic: Veri deposit - transfer 50% of current Veri to the Village
- New Gameplay Mechanic: Pets help the player during fights
- New Mask in Mask Entity NPC: Miner Mask
- New Trait (positive): Condensed - increases Max Mana by 20%
- New Trait (positive): Scout - makes minimap fully visible from the start
- And more!
- Added new gameplay mechanic: Veri Deposit. Allows Player to transfer 50% of current Veri to the Village
- Added new gameplay mechanic: Pets that can help player during fights
- Added new gameplay mechanic: Cursed Roots. Some of the Healed Roots in Durnar will now be Cursed
- Added Probe which scans surroundings and escapes from the player. Probe can be destroyed to earn some rewards
- Added new Mutation: Elemental Chains
- Added new Symbiont: Claw Driver
- Added new Mutantz Enemies: Smasher and Bulktong
- Added new NPC: Pet Master
- Added two new Positive Traits: Condensed and Scout—Condensed increases Max Mana by 20% and Scout makes the minimap fully visible from the start
- Added new Symbiont and Armor tier: Taintech
- Fixed Trunk enemies being unresponsive if merge action has been interrupted
- Fixed beam particle remaining active if merge action has been interrupted
- Fixed an issue with Plague enemies spawned in Events interacting with Trunk enemies spawned in spawners making Events impossible to complete
- Implemented combat music for Reptilz World (requires an attachment in Dungeon Architect)
- Implemented Reptilz King boss fight music
- Added and implemented new music for Lock Rooms
- Fixed visualization of the Furious Stance skill by outlining only the left hand attachment instead the whole mesh
- Added an alternative usage for Earth Twist where an enemy will unfreeze if they receive a hit from either a Weapon, Usable Item, or Skill OTHER than Earth Twist
- Fixed issue with improper material being set to Reptilz enemies if dissolve shaders have been used (e.g. in events)[
- Fixed an issue with player being permanently set in ‘combat mode’ despite no enemy being around
- Added beam particle connecting Yotun character to totem while in range of totem effect
- Fixed an issue with Earth Twist alternative damage auras not being destroyed upon an ability interruption caused by a captured enemy receiving a hit
- Changed the way NPCs are unlocked. Before all NPCs were unlocked simultaneously with enough
- Roots healed, now only one NPC per Run can be unlocked
- Added interaction with the graveyard. Now you can look through previous Yotunz of yours that have died
- Fixed issue with Elemental Chains, Furious Stance, and Chakram abilities being terminated whenever a player received a significant hit
- The Healing Pond quest can no longer be completed if it’s been abandoned. Removed exclamation point from minimap after quest has been started
- Dark Drooch will now also affect enemies that have been spawned after Drooch has been used by player
- Physical Totem now also adds Stability while in range of the effect
- Added missing Intro music to game intro cutscene to fix issue with main menu music playing during game intro cutscene.