In a time, not far from now, Monsters! will be released here on Desura. It's time to grab your wizard's staff, don your wizard's robes, and defend yourself from the endless waves of your own monstrous creations. To celebrate this long awaited day we are holding a contest for players who have purchased Monsters! As a reward for your bravery, select players who achieve a top high score on our online leader boards have a chance of winning a Desura Alpha Funding game of their choice.
For those of you who would like to participate in this contest, here are the rules:
- The deadline for submission of your high score will be May 1st.
- You must purchase the full version of Monsters! or have received a key from us for the game through Desura. Folks who receive a key for the game through other sources (i.e. our Kickstarter campaign backers) may participate as well. Trial version players are not eligible to participate (sorry, it's a perk of purchasing the game).
- You must video capture your attempt at a high score and submit the link to it to qualify for the contest.
- Your Desura account name and score must appear on our online leader board at leaderboards.quadratron.com. You can do this by making sure that after the game is over you enter your name into the in game high score board. Your score will be sent to our database after you do so. If, for some reason this does not happen due to our server being down or some other catastrophe , we cannot accept your attempt (again sorry, them's the rules).
- The winner (or winners) will get to choose an Desura Alpha Funding game of their choice with a price of $5 or less.
- For every 25 Monsters! sales we have we will add an additional winner to receive a prize. For example:
- if we receive 50 total sales of monsters, the top two high score players will receive the prize.
- if we receive 500 total sale of monsters, the top 20 high score players will receive the prize.
- We reserve the right to disqualify anyone who we believe might be trying to deceive us in any way.
- We also reserve the right to disqualify you if you try to nitpick these rules in order to win by technicality. We are doing this to have some fun, not make our lawyer friends proud.
- I'm pretty good at this game, being the guy who made it, so you can disregard my name (zenasprime) from the leader board when you are trying to determine how well you are doing in comparison to others. ;)
If you have any questions about the contest or these rules please, don't be shy, just ask. I'm also all ears if you think you may have found a bug. Good luck and have fun! :D