The Dope Game - Update, Mac Version, Demo, Winners, And More!
Hey dope fiends, today is quite the day of updates and news. We have updated the game with more featuers, the Mac version is in the works, demos have been added for everyone to try, the winners from our launch giveaway just got their keys, and there is more news! Let's do this all one by one, shall we?
The game has been updated to version 1.1.0; this includes some community suggestions and usual fixes. Here is the change log:
- Added: more drug fluctuations
- Added: Hard mode
- Added: NSFW mode
- Added: buy/sell max button for dealing
- Added: Stashware drug names change color if player has that drug
- Added: auto-saving during bus travel
- Added: two new achievements to game, one for Hard Mode and one for NSFW Mode
- Changed: weapon price lists
- Changed: Bill Finnigan's occurrence rate
- Changed: Sweaty Mike's occurrence rate if loan isn't paid
- Changed: crew should now only run away if injured
- Fixed: issue where interfaces can be opened after npcs are dead
- Fixed: glitch for "I've Seen It All" achievement
- Fixed: small spelling and grammar issues
We highly suggest you update because the CoaguCo API will be flushed on Thursday and older versions of the game will lose some server functionalty.
Thanks to the efforts of [NL] thisismike97, we will be adding the Mac version back to the roster and you can help! If the Mac demo works with no errors (or major ones), we will add the Mac version of the full game next Monday. That gives us a few days to port and make sure nothing crashes out.
We have released demos for The Dope Game on Windows, Linux, and Mac at not only Steam but Itch.io and indieDB! If you are curious to try out the game, go to any of those places and download a copy!
The demo version does not have any v1.1.0 features, is limited to 15 days and does not save statistics at all. However, it has all the core features and gives you a good taste of the full game. Well, minus finding people lost stuff.
We had a launch giveaway where five lucky winners got keys to all our games! Including Raise Your Own Clone which has not launched yet on Steam. Congrats to the winners and a big thank you to everyone who participated. The winning lines from the submissions have been added to the game as well.
In Other News
Lastly, we just want to throw out that we will be pushing the next big content update out sometime between the end of June and mid-July. Since there is a lot being added in, we want time to test it out. Plus we'll drop it into beta so you guys can try it early through the beta channel!
Also, we will be dropping The Dope Game soundtrack/art pack DLC on June 21st! This contains all the songs in the game, some extras, various art from the game, wallpapers, and out-take reels from the video shoots.
That's it for now! If you find any bugs, please let us know. And we'll keep you posted on anything else going on!