The Adventures of Rick Rocket v1.1.2 is now available for Linux. This is a Linux-only patch to fix some issues reported by gamers.
- Upgraded to SDL 1.2.15, SDL_mixer 1.2.12, and SDL_image 1.2.12
- Patched SDL_mixer to fix a double free that caused a crash on Debian SID AMD64
- Fixed crash on Choose Options screen if audio fails to initialize
- Added code to try to accommodate low end audio chipsets when initialization fails the first time
- Default to Windowed mode on Linux
- Add a line to the rickrocket start script that players can uncomment if switching to fullscreen fails, so you can get back into windowed mode
If you previously tried the Linux demo but couldn't get it to work, give it another go. It should work much better now! Enjoy!