Terra Magna is a hardcore fantasy roguelike, placed in large random world.
The key feature of Terra Magna is cross-genre gameplay - it is RPG/strategy, where player is able to lead dwellers of Terra Magna in massive fights, filled with medieval weapon and magic. The world of Terra Magna will be divided into many factions, which will interact with each other in politics as well as on the battlefield. Right now we've took our place in fight between Goblin Union of Haalt, dwelers of The Goblin Forests, and The Yellow Empire, powerful human invaders.
Also battle system is considered to be very complex and realistic. To improve realism most of skills are capped for classes-archetypes and depends on the size of creatures.
Another key feature is weapon types and magic schools, which are considering as unique ways to harm opponents, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Magic is planned to be divided into 5 circles by power and 3 levels in addition. Adepts, masters and great masters have unique spells of each circle, and that's planned to include at least 15 levels in each magic school plus unique Archmages' ones.
Right now it's Alpha version of the project, and is currently in active (but quite lazy) development, which was started in April 2018.
Battle system features
- Realistic system of bodyparts and internal organs
- Very complex battle system (read description of characteristics in [C]haracter menu)
- Tactic system (landscape bonuses)
- Training of skills with their using
- 3 archetypes of creatures (warriors, archers and mages)
- Limited escape from battle (you can run on the global map from every fight, but need to run on the tactic a bit before it)
- 2 magic schools (Air, Fire - adept's level)
- 3 types of melee weapon (one-handed: cut, piercing and blunt)
- 3 types of ranged weapon (bows, crossbows and throwing)
- 3 types of armor (clothes, light armor and magic clothes)
- 6 types of creatures' social role (merchants, mercenaries, peasants, light infantry, captains, magicians)
- Tactic and global map (only 1 region right now, 200*200 tiles)
- 2 types of moving parties (patrols, farmers)
- 8 types of stable parties (capitals, its districts, provincial cities, villages, castles, wizard towers, free cities and bandit camps) Currently its available to interact with 7 of them on the global map, but generating of tactic map of these settlements is developing now.
- Hiring system (party consists of named mercenaries as well as squads of soldiers)
- Payment system
- Rebellion system (if some payments are rejected)
- Casualties system (squads maintains their full size till party will not suffer enough casualties to annihilate entire squad)
- Buying and selling equipment in shops
- Declaring player as member of another faction (once per 5 days)
- 6 factions (The Yellow Empire, Goblin Union of Haalt, trivial humans, bandits, outsiders, Free Cities)
- Banditism (attacking member of not hostile faction can turn the player bandit or even outsider)
- Tile system
- Sound system on the tactic map
- Random generation of content
- Permanent death
1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
2. At least 1280*960 screen size.
3. Not too bad CPU and RAM.