The first major update for Kaiser Earth is out now, for Windows/Mac/Linux!
Kaiser Earth v1.1 'Super Kaiser Earth' features an all new control system that allows for real-time action gameplay in any level. And you can always switch between this and the classic tactical control between levels to suit whatever play style you feel like at the time.
Now Kaiser Earth can play more like this video all the time if you want:
Essentially you can toggle between the old 'pause whenever you like to input commands' style, and a 'no pausing, direct WASD keys to fire boosters movement, and mouse aiming' style, if you want.
Also for the classic control method there is now the ability to link module subtypes (each different weapon variation) when firing, not just all your cannons or lasers, for easier/less tedious control when your ship gets larger.
See below for the full list of changes, and keep up with news/updates at @evilmountain, and let me know if you like this style of control or if you prefer the classic!
- Added 'Action' control system
- Added more module linking options
- can link module subtypes now
- Updated some module graphics
- Updated music
- Fixed SFX volume control not affecting some SFX/not working at all
- Fixed spawning on some levels that could prevent level completion
- Fixed bug allowing company affinities to go over 100%
- Fixed bug where enemy projectiles would auto-destruct at boundary
- Fixed various typos and reworded some text