Eccentric independent studio La Moutarde and not-so-mentally-sane-either video game publisher Playdius announced today that wacky rhythm game Old School Musical will be released on Nintendo Switch and PC on September 13, 2018.
You thought you had seen everything in rhythm games? You are not ready for what’s coming!
Old School Musical is a retro rhythm game with a unique chiptune soundtrack that will send you back directly to the golden years of the 8-bit era. The main protagonists, Tib and Rob, have been trained to become video game heroes. One fateful day, their game gets corrupted by a bug invasion, thus pushing them to embark on an unlikely journey to find their missing mother and save our childhood games! Your skill, their success: miss notes and Tib and Rob's adventure will fall flat… Literally!
Swing a crowbar, shoot with your spacecraft and defeat an evil chicken army to the beat of chiptune tracks from famous artists such as Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko and Le Plancton. Discover over 50 tracks, composed exclusively for the game! The OST will be available for purchase on Steam and other music platforms.
Old School Musical unique features include:
- Story Mode: Lead Tib and Rob in their crazy adventure filled with humor
- Arcade Mode: Reach the highest score and challenge your friends (if you have any)
- Challenge Mode: Play it hard with visual and audio penalties to unlock new music tracks
- 50+ chiptune tracks by the best of the chiptune scene: Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko, Le Plancton
- Travel through 20+ retro levels, inspired by our childhood games
- A multiplayer mode with up to 4 players
Old School Musical will be released on Nintendo Switch and PC on September 13 2018 for $12,99/12,99€.
You can now pre-order Old School Musical on the Nintendo Switch eShop or add it to your wishlist on Steam.
To stay up to date with the latest news and information regarding Old School Musical, please visit the official website, like the official Facebook page and follow the game on Twitter.