We’re proud to announce the final alpha test for Starborne: Sovereign Space slated for October 30th. Over a year’s worth of development has gone into this release and the changelog is truly massive.
- The map has doubled in size and now supports over 5000 concurrent players!
- Starborne now has a policy tree, which unlocks powerful abilities as the game progresses.
- Alliances can now build structures to quickly deploy units to their allies.
- Stations can now establish companies, which grant powerful bonuses to the owner.
- Alliances can now band together and form massive confederacies.
- Superstructures are a new endgame mechanic which pits multiple sectors against each other.
- The Recon is a new heavy ship and excels at exploration while boasting impressive combat stats.
- The game is now much less resource intensive thanks to wide ranging optimization tweaks.
To play, create your account on starborne.com and download the installer. The server will go live today at 18:00 GMT, and spots are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
See you on the frontier, commander!
Note to users from previous alpha tests: Starborne now supports usernames. When you join a new server, you will be prompted to choose a display name. This will become your permanent, exclusive username, so choose wisely! If you have any unspent commander packs in your inventory, they will be converted to an equivalent amount of Platinum. Also, make sure to uninstall any existing installations of Starborne.